If you cook your own cottage cheese from milk or kefir, never pour the whey. From it you can cook cold soups, delicious refreshing drinks, and in baking it is in no way inferior to kefir. If home serum is not available, it can be searched in the dairy department of the supermarket. Today we will share with you a wonderful recipe for yeast pancakes on whey. They are cooked without a dough and are only 15 minutes old, but this time is enough for air bubbles to form, making the pancakes tender and lacy, and the dough has acquired a pleasant bread aroma.
- serum - 400 ml;
- flour - 200 gr;
- vegetable oil (in dough) - 2 tbsp. l .;
- dry yeast - 1st. l .;
- sugar - 2 tsp;
- salt - 1 tsp.
How to make pancakes on whey
1. Before you start cooking pancakes, make sure that all the products that are useful when cooking, are at your fingertips and in stock.
2. After that, in a separate bowl with whey, you need to break the eggs and mix thoroughly.
3. Sift flour several times (it is advisable to use flour of the highest grade, so pancakes are tastier and more beautiful), to get a more airy, fluffy dough. Gradually add it to the mass with whey, stirring constantly.
4. Next, add sugar, yeast, vegetable oil, but this should be done in small portions.
5. Gently beat with a mixer until the mass is uniform, be careful that there are no lumps in the dough.
6. We give the test time to insist, in order for the yeast to rise (about 15 minutes). The dough should have the consistency of kefir, be not particularly thick, in order for the pancakes to be thin and airy.
7. Heat and grease the griddle with vegetable oil. Spread the dough evenly, bake pancakes. Pour some dough if you don’t want your pancakes to be thick. Adjust the temperature as needed.
8. When bubbles appear on the top of the pancake, and the bottom part browns, it is time to turn the pancake over (2-3 minutes after the dough has been poured). The most convenient way to turn the pancakes with two wooden spatulas. Just do it carefully so that the pancake does not break.
Pancakes are ready!