Even nutritionists recommend that nuts be included in the diet, even though they are high in calories. The fact is that nuts contain many useful substances that can be obtained from far from all products. In particular, it is Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid, which is a very important element in our body. It has a beneficial effect on the state of blood vessels, cleansing them of harmful cholesterol, on brain activity, contributes to the preservation of youth and beauty. One of the options for eating nuts - cooking sauce from them. Walnut sauce is considered the property of Georgian cuisine, and many mountaineers, indeed, can boast of health and longevity. However, in fact, this valuable product was tasted not only in the Caucasus: it is also prepared in other countries, including Asia. If you decide not to miss the opportunity to decorate dishes with exquisite and healthy peanut sauce, it will not hurt you to learn how to cook it properly and with what is best served.
What Eat Peanut Sauce
Nut sauce is almost universal, but there are products that harmonize with it better than others.
- First of all you should call poultry meat. It is to him that they often serve nut sauce in Georgia.
- In second place - lamb and pork. These types of meat also harmonize well with nut sauce. You can apply it to cold veal, although this option is less popular.
- Meat by-products, especially beef tongue, with nut sauce, will acquire new shades that you will almost certainly like.
- Boiled vegetables in walnut sauce from everyday dishes will turn into a delicacy. Hardly any of your friends and households will refuse this yummy.
- In Japan, peanut sauce is served to sushi and rolls, considering that it perfectly emphasizes their soft taste.
- In Italy, you can find pasta with nut sauce. You can cook this at home, because macaroni is one of the most affordable products. So it remains only to make them a nutty sauce.
As you can see, the field of application of nut sauce in cooking is quite wide. By the way, nut sauce can be simply spread on bread and eaten as a sandwich. Such a snack will charge you with energy for more than one hour.
If you want the nutty sauce turned out tasty and healthy, you need to know a few subtleties.
- Carefully choose the nuts, trying to avoid getting moldy and rotted specimens into the sauce. Such nuts will not only spoil the taste of the sauce, but also cause harm.
- If you slightly fry the nuts before cooking the sauce, the sauce will turn out to be tastier and even healthier.
- Nuts for sauce required to be ground. Usually they are pounded, turning into crumb, but sometimes it requires a finer grinding, when the nuts are ground in a blender to a paste. The choice of how to chop nuts, most often depends on the specific recipe.
- It is very simple to make a sauce of chopped nuts: the nut mass must be diluted with broth, water, cream or other liquid product, add chopped greens, spices, and other ingredients. Very good nuts are combined with garlic, pomegranate.
As you can see, making nut sauce is a snap. The hardest part is usually chopping nuts, however, if you have a blender in your house, this task is easily solved. It remains only to choose your favorite recipe.
Georgian Nut Sauce
- walnut kernels - 0, 25 kg;
- pomegranate juice - 125 ml;
- water - 150 ml;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- fresh coriander - 30 g;
- red ground pepper - 5 g;
- hops-suneli - 5 g;
- Imereti saffron - a pinch;
- salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Remove the nuts from the shell. Go through by removing the films. If shrunken or moldy nuts come across, they will have to be thrown away.
- Lightly fry the nuts in a dry frying pan, chop or chop into small pieces.
- Fold nuts together with salt and spices in a mortar and make a good ceiling.
- Wash, dry, finely chop the cilantro with a knife.
- Pass the garlic through the press.
- Pomegranate juice dilute with warm boiled water.
- Dilute nut paste with the resulting mixture. Add garlic and greens to it, mix well.
This sauce is best suited to poultry meat, but it is also served to the calf tongue, vegetables. It is suitable also for salad dressing, in this case it is not necessary to add sour cream, mayonnaise or butter.
Japanese nutty sauce for meat and poultry
- peanuts (peeled) - 0, 3 kg;
- olive oil - 0, 2 l;
- sesame seeds - 36 g;
- onions - 40 g;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- orange slices - 60 g;
- sugar - 40 g;
- Mirin - 70 ml;
- rice vinegar (3 percent) - 150 ml;
- soy sauce - 60 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Fry peeled peanuts with sesame seeds in a dry frying pan for 2-3 minutes. Grind this mixture in a blender to a paste. Stir in olive oil.
- Peel the orange. Separate the required number of slices, clean them from the film and stones. Put in a blender bowl.
- Add garlic clove to oranges.
- Peel the onion, cut a piece weighing about 40 g, cut it in half and also place it in the blender bowl.
- Throw seasonings in a blender bowl, add sugar, add a mixture of mirin, vinegar and soy sauce. Whisk the products.
- Mix the peanut butter mixture. Stir with a blender.
Peanut sauce will be tasty if it is eaten with bread, but in Japan it is most often served with meat and poultry dishes. In particular, it goes well with pork, giving it a pleasant sweet-nutty notes.
Garlic-nutty sauce for fish or vegetables
- kernels of walnuts - 0, 3 kg;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- lemon - 0, 5 pcs .;
- water - 0, 3 l;
- salt, spices - half taste.
Method of preparation:
- Go through the nuts, selecting the whites for the sauce. Twist them through the meat grinder.
- Pass the garlic through the press, mix it with the nut mass.
- Salt, pepper nuts, dilute with warm water.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a bowl of nuts and stir. According to some recipes, it is suggested to dilute the nuts with wine, but from this they can darken, and the sauce prepared according to this recipe should ideally have a light shade.
Lemon and garlic sauce goes well with vegetables and fish dishes.
Pasta nut and cheese sauce
- kernels of walnuts - 0, 2 kg;
- fatty cream - 100 ml;
- hard cheese - 50 g;
- fresh parsley - 50 g;
- olive oil - 50 ml;
- butter - 50 ml;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Parsley wash, shake, divide into 2 parts. Coarsely chop one part by mixing with olive oil, chop the other into a blender, combining with butter.
- Fry the nuts, cover them so that they turn into fine crumbs.
- Finely rub the cheese and mix with cream, salt and pepper.
- Mix nuts with green butter, and cream with olive oil.
- Dissolve the nut mass with cream. Stir with a blender or mixer.
Delicate cream-nut sauce will be an excellent addition to pasta. Sauce is also suitable for fish, seafood, chicken breast. It harmonizes best with chicken and pasta.
Walnut sauce is an exquisite addition to poultry meat, pasta and vegetables. It can be spread on bread, used for salad dressing. In this case, even an inexperienced chef will cope with preparing the sauce.