Salad can be made from any products that are in the house, but new recipes do not have to be opened by trial and error. If you are mixing ingredients that have not yet been tried together, follow these rules.
Feel free to mix products with a mild flavor - eggs, potatoes, beans, crab sticks, shrimp, hard cheese (not spicy), etc.
With caution and only one ingredient, add pickles, olives, onions, herring, spiced cheese, sour fruits.
If you want to try unusual combinations, take a small portion of basic products and add new ingredients to them in turn. The same applies to gas stations.
Our today's salad with crab sticks and olives has a rather calm taste and may not please people who don’t like olives at all.
- crab sticks - 100 g;
- Adyghe cheese - 100 g;
- olives - 100 g;
- mayonnaise or sour cream - 50 g;
- quail eggs - 3-4 pieces;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Cooking time: 15 min., Number of servings: 1.
1. Deploy the crab sticks, if they are frozen, defrost and wait until the water runs out. Cut chopsticks with not too thick circles obliquely.
2. Cut Adygei cheese into small squares. If you do not have such cheese, you can replace it with any cream cheese, such as “Feta”, or cheese. In extreme cases, the usual hard cheese will do, but the taste of the salad will not be the same.
3. Put chopped sticks and cheese in a deep bowl, add olives to them. Make sure the olives are seedless. With stones for salad is extremely not recommended.
4. Next, you need to fill the salad. This can be done with mayonnaise or sour cream, or their mixture in a 1: 1 ratio. Also for dressing the salad is well suited natural yogurt without additives.
5. Wash quail eggs and boil hard boiled.
6. Mix all ingredients well, add salt and pepper to taste, put quail eggs peeled and cut in half on top and serve.