Sunflower salad - general principles and methods of cooking
Sunflower salad is a very beautiful dish, really similar in shape to sunflower. From above, it can be decorated with canned corn, chopped olives or peeled seeds. On the sides of the salad sunflower decorated with chips. So original and beautiful in appearance, it will take a worthy place on the holiday table. But guests will receive not only aesthetic pleasure. Sunflower salad laid out in layers, very tasty and nutritious.
Sunflower Salad - Food Preparation
For a sunflower salad, you will need chicken fillet. Choosing a chicken, pay attention to the meat was elastic and the same color. If chicken breast with skin was bought, then the skin must be removed, cut off excess fat and cut out the bones. The chicken should be cooked for about 20 minutes, until the meat turns white (readiness can be checked by piercing it with a knife - the blade will enter easily, the threads of meat will separate).
Champignons for salad need to buy fresh or use canned. Fresh mushrooms, cut into small pieces, you need to fry with onions in a pan.
Sunflower Salad - Best Recipes
Recipe 1: Sunflower Salad
Very beautiful salad, the center of which is laid out with halves of olives, which adds delicacy to the dish. And boiled chicken fillet and marinated champignons make the salad nourishing, savory and very tasty.
300 grams of chicken fillet,
200 grams marinated champignons,
400 grams of canned corn
can of black large olives,
200 grams of carrots,
vegetable oil, salt,
1. Boil the carrots until ready, then cool, peel and grate on a fine grater. 2. Chicken fillet should be finely chopped, and then cook for 10 minutes in vegetable oil, not forgetting to salt.
3. Boiled eggs should be grated finely. Finely chop the mushrooms and half rings - onions.
4. It is necessary to lay out products on a wide dish in layers successively, flavoring each with mayonnaise (except for a layer of eggs and onions). So, lay out in such a sequence: chicken fillet, boiled carrots, chopped mushrooms, chopped onions, eggs and corn.
5. Black olives must be cut in halves and put them, completely closing the layer of corn (if someone does not like olives, then you can not use them). After that, you need to lay out the dishes in a circle of chips.
Recipe 2: Sunflower and corn salad
The peculiarity of this salad is the sunflower that mushrooms are roasted, but not pickled, that is, this variant of the beloved salad is more satisfying. In this embodiment, corn is not used at all, but hard cheese is added.
300 grams of chicken breast,
200 grams of fried champignons,
a jar of black olives without stones,
100 grams of hard cheese
packaging oval-shaped chips
1. To start, boil the chicken and grind the chilled meat.
2. Mushrooms fried in a well-heated pan.
3. Separately, grate the boiled eggs and cheese. Moreover, it is desirable to rub a couple of yolks separately - they will be needed for the top layer of lettuce.
4. On a wide dish you need to lay out the prepared products in layers, flavoring each layer with mayonnaise. At the very bottom lay out chopped chicken breast, then fried mushrooms, after grated eggs and cheese. On the last layer, covered with mayonnaise, carefully pour out the grated yolks and spread the sliced olives without mayonnaise.
5. Salad preferably 12 hours to put in the fridge. And just before serving, the edges of the dish should be decorated with oval chips, lightly sprinkle the middle part with grated yolk.
Recipe 3: Sunflower salad with crab sticks and seeds
An interesting option for making salad is the sunflower, in which, in addition to boiled chicken and fried mushrooms, crab sticks and peeled seeds are used.
200 grams of crab sticks,
200 grams of any mushrooms,
300 grams of chicken fillet,
medium sized onions and carrots,
packaging of peeled seeds,
70 grams of chips (packaging, preferably oval).
1. It is necessary to boil chicken meat and cut it into small pieces.
2. Fry mushrooms with carrots and onions in a well-heated sunflower oil.
3. On a wide dish you need to put chopped crab sticks, then some mayonnaise, put boiled chicken meat in the next layer, again a bit of mayonnaise, then mushrooms with carrots and onions and again mayonnaise.
4. Decorate the top of the salad with peeled seeds, which should completely cover the dish, stick chips on the sides, making the petals.
Sunflower salad - useful tips from experienced chefs
Some sunflower salad recipes involve the use of onions, which is laid out in a layer. It is best to put it in a pickled salad - it will not have bitterness and the taste of the salad will turn trickier. For pickling, onions need to be cut into small cubes, pour boiling water for 10 minutes, drain this water - bitterness will go away. Then pour cold water, add a pinch of salt, a little black pepper and a little vinegar. After half an hour (if time allows, it is better to hold the onion longer) pour the water.