Chillies are cheap during the harvest season and are often used to make canned vegetables. In many snacks, he plays the main role, but only in one of their form, he acts as the real king. Preparing roasted peppers for the winter, you can not think about how to hit the guests on the New Year or other winter holiday. This snack not only looks very presentable - it has a unique taste that almost everyone likes. No matter how much you prepare roasted peppers, it will not be much, it will become one of the most popular snacks and will end faster than you expect.
The process of cooking roasted peppers for the winter is not much more complicated than canning in the usual way, but the result is amazing. Even an aspiring cook can cope with the preparation of roasted peppers if they know several features of cooking this snack.
- For frying, you should choose smooth, ripe and intact peppers. Best of all, if they are about the same size, but different colors. Preference should be given to fleshy varieties.
- In the process of cooking the pepper is strongly roasted, this is especially noticeable in the juicy varieties of vegetables, which have fine pulp. To get a liter jar of snacks you will need 1-1,5 kg of pepper, depending on its variety, but if it is prepared in slices, it will go even more. If you want to prepare large quantities of roasted peppers for the winter, you need to purchase at least 4-6 kg. Lay out a snack preferably on small banks of volume, from 0.5 l to 1 l.
- Fry the peppers, putting them into the boiling oil in one layer, turning them on opposite sides in the frying process. When the first batch of peppers gets a ruddy shade and noticeable softness, they are removed from the pan. In their place spread the next batch of vegetables. It is impossible to fry peppers all at once: they will turn out to be unevenly roasted.
- To make the peppers roast better and soak in the marinade, they are pierced in several places with a toothpick or fork.
- To get a snack with a richer taste, you can prepare fried peppers for the winter. During heat treatment, they will lose a significant portion of sharpness. The dish with pleasure will be eaten not only by lovers of hot appetizers.
- Banks for peppers and suitable lids must be sterilized, otherwise the billet will deteriorate quickly. After cooking canned enough to roll up, without exposing additional sterilization. If the snack will be stored in the refrigerator, you can even close it with a plastic lid.
Storage conditions for roasted peppers depend on the chosen recipe and method of preservation. Usually such snacks are well worth it at room temperature.
Whole roasted peppers for the winter
Composition (1 l):
- Bulgarian pepper - 1-1,5 kg;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- parsley - 7-10 sprigs;
- salt - 5 g;
- sugar - 40 g;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 60 ml;
- vegetable oil, water - as required.
Method of preparation:
- Wash peppers, cut off long tails.
- Dry the vegetables with a napkin. Pierce each fruit in several places with a wooden toothpick.
- Pour oil into a deep frying pan, heat it.
- Lay peppers in one layer. Brown them until you get a crust on one side, turn them over to the other side, then fry them from the sides.
- When the peppers are browned on all sides and soft (this is determined with a fork), remove them from the pan.
- Immediately transfer to a prepared jar, that is, washed and sterilized.
- Put a finely chopped clove of garlic and a few sprigs of parsley on top.
- Fry the next batch of peppers, put them in a jar, sprinkle with garlic, add parsley sprigs. So gradually fill the entire jar.
- Boil the water.
- Add sugar and salt to the jar, shake it so that salt and sugar penetrate deeper.
- Pour in vinegar.
- Fill the peppers with hot water. The jar must be filled to the neck.
- Roll up the can, turn it over and wrap it for better preservation.
A cooled jar of snacks can be stored in a storage room — pepper prepared according to this recipe is well worth it at room temperature.
Pepper, fried slices, in tomato juice for the winter
Composition (4, 5 l):
- peeled and chopped peppers - 3 kg;
- tomato juice - 3 l;
- vegetable oil - 0, 25 l;
- onions - 1 kg;
- salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Peppers wash, dry, remove seeds. Cut into strips, dividing each fruit into 6-8 pieces.
- Heat half of the oil in a deep saucepan, dip the pepper into it, fry it.
- Peel the onions, cut into small cubes. Fry it in the remaining oil.
- Pour onion with tomato juice mixed with salt. Over low heat, bring to a boil and cook for 20-30 minutes, until the tomato-onion mixture becomes the consistency of the sauce.
- Prepare the jars by washing them and sterilizing them.
- Pour a spoonful of tomato sauce at the bottom of the jar. Put a spoonful of pieces of roasted pepper. Pour them with a spoon of sauce. So fill the entire jar.
- Roll up the can, turn it over.
- Fill the remaining jars with pepper and tomato sauce, seal them tightly and put the lids down next to the first jar.
- Cover the containers with a warm blanket and leave for a day.
After the indicated time, jars of pepper can be removed to the place of permanent storage, the blank can stand at room temperature. This pepper can be supplemented with a side dish of buckwheat, rice, pasta or serve it as a separate dish.
Roasted peppers with horseradish for the winter
The composition (1, 5 l):
- Bulgarian pepper - 2 kg;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 0, 2 l;
- vegetable oil - 0, 15 l;
- salt - 40 g;
- horseradish root - 1 kg;
- celery - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash and dry the celery sprigs.
- In peppers washed and dried with a napkin, cut the stalks and remove together with the seeds.
- Horseradish wash, clean, rotate through the meat grinder.
- Fry peppers in oil.
- Mix vinegar with salt, put roasted vegetables in it. Wait for them to cool.
- Lay the cooled peppers on the banks, alternating with chopped horseradish.
- Fill with oil, in which the pepper was fried.
- Close the cans with metal or plastic lids, put them in the fridge.
A sharp snack prepared according to this recipe can only be stored in the refrigerator; it will not deteriorate in it for at least 6 months.
Roasted peppers are a tasty dish that can decorate any table. Prepare such a snack is easy for the winter. Storage conditions will depend on the recipe used.