Jellied fish - general cooking principles
Probably, at the mention of the fish in the water, associations with the main New Year's dish from the film “Irony of Fate, Or with Light Steam” are born first of all in my head. How to make this dish so that it does not resemble strychnine? There are some subtle points, which we describe below.
Salt fish is a healthy dish and with a proper cooking technique is very tasty. Any kind of fish, both red and white, will be suitable for its preparation. In addition, you will need vegetables and spices.
Is it possible to cook jellied fish not from one kind of fish, but from several? Of course! The broth will turn out more fragrant, and the taste of the dish will pleasantly surprise you.
Dumping fish - preparing food and dishes
So, the first rule of a tasty aspic is to get all the bones from the fish. A small bone, accidentally caught during the tasting of the aspic, can discourage any desire to continue to eat the dish. It is for this reason that it is best to choose large fish so that it is easier to disassemble it. Least of all bones in the part of the fish that is closer to the head.
It should also be noted that not every fish keeps its shape and remains in the aspic as a whole in pieces. To avoid porridge in the dish, it is better to use pike, mackerel, pollack, pelengas, pink salmon, and salmon fishes to make it.
How to cook broth for aspic? You will need a fish head, spine and fins. Remove the gills, wash the ingredients with water and boil over the fire, adding one whole onion and carrot for the beauty of the color. Broth should boil for about half an hour.
What if you don't have a fish head? Then the filling liquid will be made of gelatin, mixed with the broth, in which the fish fillet is boiled.
Filler Fish Recipes:
Recipe 1: Fish filler from the fish set
In order to make your life easier while cooking the filler, in any large store you can purchase a fish set. As a rule, it consists of several varieties of fish that already have bones removed.
- Water for filler fish - 1.8 liters
- Fish from the set - 520 grams
- A pack of gelatin - 1 piece (20 grams)
- Salt and spices
- Parsley fresh
- Using the method described above, we cook fish broth: put the washed fillets in water, add some salt and cook for about 20 minutes. Remove the fillet and cut into cubes.
- In a separate bowl pour gelatin with warm water, let it swell. Pour into broth and mix.
- In the tank, where we will prepare the filler, put the fillet pieces, fresh chopped greens, and then add the fill.
Recipe 2: Diversion fish from a pelengas with carrots
The filler that you prepare for this recipe will have a bright taste and an attractive golden hue.
- 2 liters of purified water for fish inlets
- Pelengas - 420 grams
- Carrots - 1 piece
- Bay leaf
- Gelatin - 1 bag (20 grams)
- If you have a head and spine of a pelengas, then of these ingredients you can boil broth. If not, then wash the meat of the fish, remove the bones and place it in clean water. As soon as the liquid boils, you need to remove the foam, salt and put bay leaf and cleaned whole carrots into the container.
- After twenty minutes, remove the fillet and carrot, cool and cut into cubes.
- Pour gelatin with warm water, dissolve and pour into broth.
- In the dish or form lay out the pieces of fish, carrots, chopped dill and pour warm broth.
Recipe 3: Saltwater fish with pink and pollock
In order to get a tasty dish, you can safely mix different varieties of fish. For this recipe, we take the pink salmon and pollock fillets.
- Purified water for filler fish - 2.1 liters
- Pink salmon fillet - 200 grams
- Pollock fillet - 200 grams
- Fresh herbs (dill and parsley)
- Gelatin - 20 grams
- Peas, canned - 100 grams
- Fish fillets should be washed and placed in water. E she boils, you need to reduce the heat, remove the foam, salt. Simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the fish and cut it into pieces.
- Pour gelatin with water and stir until dissolved. Then pour it into the broth and stir.
- Put the pieces of fish, chopped greens and peas on the bottom of the form and cover with warm broth.
Recipe 4: Bulk fish (from frozen foods)
In the shops in the freezers we often see frozen foods - meat, poultry, fish. Most often, we do not purchase them, as it is believed that the product is frozen when its storage period comes to an end. Meanwhile, for the aspic you can safely buy frozen foods. The dish will turn out tasty, and the broth - rich.
- Purified water for fish filler - 1.7 liters
- Frozen mackerel - 1 bird
- Frozen hake - 1 bird
- Frozen top crust - 1 steak
- Bay leaf
- Onions - 1 piece
- Gelatin - 1 packet (20 grams)
- Carrot 1 piece
- Thaw the fish. Clean the carcasses from the scales, remove the bones, cut the fins.
- Fold the fish fillets in a saucepan, cover with water and place on the stove.
- As soon as the water boils, remove the foam, salt it, add bay leaf, peeled carrots in whole and the onion in the husk. Make a small fire and cook the fish for about 25 minutes. Remove the ingredients from the pan. We do not need onions, and the fillet and carrots need to be cut into cubes.
- Pour gelatin with water and let it swell. Pour gelatin into the resulting fish broth.
- Place the fish and carrot pieces in a jar container and pour the broth on top.
Recipe 5: Saltwater fish royally
This dish is not difficult to cook, but it looks great and, of course, it is very tasty.
- Water for filler fish - 1.8 liters
- Trout or salmon - 430 grams
- Red caviar - 100 grams
- Green peas, canned - 100 grams
- Parsley fresh
- Gelatin - 20 grams (1 packet)
- Bay leaf - 1 piece
- From the trout, we extract the bones and put them in the water. Put the pot on the fire. As soon as the liquid begins to boil, remove the foam, omit the Lavrushka and salt. Boil the fish need at least 25 minutes, then extract it and cut it into slices.
- Pour gelatin with water, dilute, pour into warm broth and stir.
- At the bottom of the tank, in which we will prepare the aspic, lay out the fish and peas, pour broth. When the broth is cooled to room temperature, add caviar to the tank.
Saltwater fish - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- How long will the fish fill? Not less than an hour, if you place the dish with the filler in the refrigerator and about two hours, if you just put it in a cool place, for example on the balcony.
- What kind of vegetables will brighten the taste of fish? The ideal option would be those ingredients that will not interrupt the neutral taste of the fish. Definitely do not like sweet peppers, pickles and capers. And boiled carrots, slices of sour lemon or broccoli pieces “decorate” the taste of aspic.
- It would be appropriate to add both chicken and quail eggs to the fish filler egg. The dish will be more satisfying and useful, because the egg is a source of protein.
- Filler fish can be served with white sauces. You can make the sauce yourself as well, to taste it will resemble mayonnaise. Take two or three egg yolks, mustard powder, a third cup of olive or refined sunflower oil. The sauce you get as much as you get the oil. Beat the ingredients until you get a smooth, cream-colored mass. Add some pickled cucumbers, capers, dried herbs, lemon to the sauce. Serve aspic with French mustard.