No matter how much we discover new products and strange recipes, the old, simple and familiar dishes will not leave the stage. Firstly, the classics of regional cuisine is always a collection of those products that are abundantly represented in the area, therefore the cheapest. If in Greece or in Spain olives for salad can be gathered in a grove behind the house, then it is cheaper and easier for us to cook something from cabbage and cucumbers.
So, the holidays - festive, and on weekdays - quick to prepare, cheap and vitamin. Cabbage, cucumber, tomato, corn, simple sunflower oil - and we have a fresh, juicy, inexpensive salad.
- White cabbage - 300 g;
- fresh cucumber - 1 piece;
- tomato - 1 piece;
- corn - 200 g;
- vegetable oil - 30 g;
- salt, pepper, spices - to taste.
Cooking time: 5 min, number of servings: 1.
1. For a salad, you must choose a beautiful, not soft cabbage head, without any defects. Remove upper leaves from it and cut into thin strips. Fold the cabbage into a deep bowl in which the salad will be made.
2. Wash the cucumber well, as it will be used with the skin, and cut it into thin straws. Send in a bowl to cabbage.
3. Tomatoes for salad should be taken not too soft, but not too tight, so that it is fleshy and tasty. It must also be well washed, cut into medium-sized squares and sent to the other ingredients.
4. Drain water from corn, if desired, rinse once under running water and add to vegetables.
5. Next, mix all the ingredients well, add salt, pepper, favorite spices to taste.
6. Season the salad with vegetable oil, preferably olive or sunflower, and serve.