Cabbage, carrots and onions are the most “running” set of vegetables from which it is possible to cook fresh salads year-round using seasonal fruits, not greenhouse fruits. In winter, such salads are one of the few sources of vitamins and, in addition, they bring a pleasant variety to the list of hot and high-calorie winter dishes.
When preparing a salad of fresh white cabbage, it is useful to remember one little trick - it will be tastier and juicier if the chopped cabbage is immediately wrinkled well with your hands so that it will let the juice out. Unfortunately, this slightly worsens the appearance of the salad, so for the holiday table you have to choose between the beauty of the finished dish and a deeper taste.
- white cabbage - 300 g;
- carrots - 1 piece;
- red onion - 1 head;
- canned corn - half a can;
- salt - to taste.
Cooking time: 5 min., Number of servings: 2.
1. Wash the cabbage, remove the leaves that are at the top, if they are sluggish, and cut into thin strips, trying not to touch the head, so that it does not get into the salad. Pour into a deep bowl.
2. Rinse carrots under running water, peel off the skin, grate on a coarse grater and pour into a bowl of cabbage. If there is such a grater, on which tinder carrots for cooking in Korean, it would be better to grate on it.
3. Next, you need to peel the onion, cut it into half rings and add to the other vegetables in a bowl. If there is no red onion, then plain white can be used.
4. Open the jar of corn, take out the required amount and, if desired, rinse it under running water once. Add corn to the bowl of vegetables.
5. Salad salad and season with vegetable oil. What kind of oil it will be - sunflower, olive or some other - a matter of taste.
6. When the salad has been soaked a little, serve.