The most famous Italian dessert is tiramisu. This is something between a cake and a cream. The food is prepared according to a special technology from strictly defined products, many of which can be replaced by similar ones without serious damage to the organoleptic qualities of the sweet dish. This makes it possible to prepare tiramisu at home. Possession of some cooking skills is welcome, but not necessary: just following the instructions accompanying the recipe, even an inexperienced pastry chef will cope with the task.
Tiramisu is a unique dessert, and its preparation has a certain specificity. Without knowledge of these subtleties, an inexperienced hostess can fail.
- The main ingredients of the classic Italian tiramisu are savoyardi biscuit cookies, mascarpone cheese, unique Marsala Sicilian wine, coffee, cocoa or grated chocolate. Some of the products listed outside of Italy are difficult to get; others are expensive. However, they can be replaced by identical ones. Instead of mascarpone, you can take any other soft cheese, thick sour cream mixed with cottage cheese, whipped cream. Savoyardi can be replaced with home-made biscuit cookies or similar products of domestic manufacturers, sold, in particular, under the names “Ladies Fingers”, “Cat's Paws”, “Crunchies”. They may have a different shape, but this does not play a significant role. Marsala is most often replaced with cognac or liquor, at least - with syrup.
- Coffee for tiramisu should be natural and freshly brewed. Soluble product does not have the desired taste and aroma. Before using the coffee must be filtered and combined with alcohol.
- Tiramisu preparation technology involves dipping cookies into a coffee drink and putting it into a mold or ice cream bowl. Savoyardi has a porous structure and soaks almost instantly. Keep it in coffee should be literally 1-3 seconds, not longer.
- The classic tiramisu recipe involves the use of raw eggs. Only fresh ones will do. You can determine the freshness of an egg if you shake it: if something dangles in it, its freshness leaves much to be desired. If you are not sure about the safety of chicken eggs, it is better to replace them with quail eggs or choose a recipe where their use is not provided.
- Egg whites and yolks for tiramisu are whipped separately. Then the yolk mass is combined with other ingredients that make up the cream. Last injected proteins. They interfere with smooth movements from the bottom up. The cream cannot be stirred in a circular motion, otherwise it will lose its airiness, the use of a mixer at this stage is all the more unacceptable.
- After cooking, tiramisu should be placed in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, but better for 6-12 hours. The longer the dessert is infused in the fridge, the more delicious it becomes. However, it is inexpedient to insist on it more than a day: it will start to deteriorate.
- If tiramisu is not served in portions, then it should be laid out on plates with a spoon, and not cut like a regular cake. Before serving, sprinkle dessert with grated chocolate or cocoa powder. For its uniform distribution using a sieve with small holes.
Whether to decorate tiramisu with berries, the cook will decide for himself. This is a departure from tradition, but many people like the combination of this dessert with strawberries, cherries and similar products.
Classic Tiramisu Recipe
- Mascarpone cheese - 0.5 kg;
- savoyardi cookies - 0, 2 kg;
- Marsala wine - 0, 2 l;
- black coffee - 0, 3 l;
- chicken egg - 4 pcs .;
- icing sugar - 100 g;
- dark chocolate - to taste.
- Make black coffee, strain it, mix it with wine. Instead of Marsala, you can use any other fortified grape wine, this will have a negligible effect on the taste of the finished dessert.
- Wash eggs with soap. Smash, separating the yolks from proteins.
- Divide the icing sugar in two parts. If you don’t have one, you can make it from granulated sugar by grinding it with a blender or a coffee grinder.
- Pound one portion of powdered sugar with yolks. Add Mascarpone to this mass, whisk with a mixer or blender to get a homogeneous mass.
- Separate the proteins and the remaining icing sugar separately. Beat the whites in a thick foam.
- Add a protein mass to the cheese cream in one spoon and mix it with vertical movements.
- Dip cookies in the coffee and wine cocktail, then immediately put in the form. Continue to dip the cookies and put them into the mold until they cover the bottom completely. This should take about 100 g of cookies.
- Put half of the cream on the softened cookies.
- Top with the remaining cookies, also pre-dipping them in coffee and wine.
- Lay out the remaining cream.
- Chop a chocolate bar on a grater, cover it with a cream.
- Remove the tiramisu form to a refrigerator for about 5 hours.
You can serve tiramisu to the table in the form or by spreading the dessert on plates, ice cream bowls.
Tiramisu with quail eggs
- soft cream cheese - 0, 25 kg;
- icing sugar - 50 g;
- quail eggs - 9 pcs .;
- water - 100 ml;
- ground coffee - 12 g;
- cocoa powder - 30 g;
- biscuit biscuits - 100 g;
- orange liqueur - 30 ml.
- Pour coffee in a Turk, pour clean water, stir, bring to a boil over medium heat, cool slightly, strain, mix with liqueur. It does not have to be orange. Suitable coffee, cream, apricot, almond and others.
- Divide eggs into whites and yolks.
- Add 50 g of powdered sugar to yolks, rub with a fork or a whisk.
- Mash the cheese, mix with the yolk mass. Beat with a mixer or whisk. The result should be a homogeneous mass.
- Separately whip the whites with the remaining icing sugar.
- Gradually introduce the protein mass into the cheese-yolk until an air cream is obtained.
- Pour a spoonful of coffee drink on a saucer, dip cookies in it, place it on the bottom of the bowl. Also fill the remaining molds. From the specified number of ingredients, 6 servings of tiramisu will be obtained. If you have traditional forms of cookies (in the form of elongated sticks), they must first be broken in half and at this stage put half into each bowl.
- Cover the cookies with cream, using about a third.
- Dipping coffee, put the remaining cookies (1, 5 pieces per serving, if you use the standard “Ladies Fingers”).
- Cover with remaining cream, sprinkle with cocoa.
- Refrigerate the dessert for about 6 hours. During this time, the cookies will become even softer and more tender, and the cream will slightly condense, the dessert will turn into a single whole.
If you make tiramisu for children, it is better to use caffeine-free coffee or even replace it with a chicory-based coffee drink. You can add syrup instead of liquor.
Tiramisu without eggs with whipped cream
- Mascarpone cheese or similar - 0, 25 kg;
- sweetened condensed milk - 60 g;
- savoyardi type biscuit - 150 g;
- black coffee - 180 ml;
- cognac - 20 ml;
- fatty cream (from 22%) - 120 ml;
- grated chocolate or cocoa powder - as needed.
- Make coffee. Strain it, leave to cool to about 30-40 degrees.
- Combine condensed milk, cream and cheese. Stir them carefully with a fork. Then for 10 minutes, beat with a mixer.
- Coffee combine with cognac.
- Soak the cookies in the coffee, place them in the form of the first layer. Cover with a piece of cream.
- So, alternating soaked cookies and cream, fill out the form. The top layer must be a cream.
- Sprinkle ready dessert with cocoa powder or sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Remove the tiramisu form in the fridge, leave it for 5-6 hours.
When serving dessert to the table, try not to forget that it is customary to apply it with spoons.
- frozen cherries - 0, 3 kg;
- cream cheese - 0, 25 kg;
- cream (with fat content of 33%) - 0, 25 l;
- cocktail cherry - 50-60 g;
- dark chocolate - 60 g;
- biscuit biscuits - 0, 2 kg;
- icing sugar - 100 g;
- coffee liqueur - 60 ml;
- black coffee - 150 ml.
- Thaw the cherries, drain the juice.
- Combine cream, icing sugar and cheese. Beat until air cream is obtained.
- Make coffee, cool to 40 degrees, strain, mix with liqueur.
- Put a spoonful or two creams on the bottom of the mold, level it.
- Dip one side of the biscuit in coffee, put the dry side on the cream. Also lay out a few more cookies, filling out the bottom of the form.
- On the cookies, place half of the thawed cherry, cover it with half of the cream.
- While dipping one side of the coffee, put the remaining cookies on the cream with the dry side.
- Put the remaining cherries, cover with the remaining cream.
- Sprinkle grated chopped chocolate, garnish with cocktail cherries.
Tiramisu with cherry can be served at the table only after it has been in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
Tiramisu - a unique dessert that not only has a unique taste, but also is very easy to prepare. Even if you do not have a great culinary experience, you will be able to please guests and households with this Italian delicacy.