Megrelian Khachapuri is different from other types by the second layer of cheese.
It covers products from above, roasts to a ruddy color and has a unique aroma.
Megrelian Khachapuri - general principles of preparation
Test options for Megrelian khachapuri a huge amount. Appetizing tortillas filled with yeast, kefir and even puff pastry. In the latter version, it is very convenient that you can always buy a finished product. If homemade dough is used, then cooked closed tortillas with filling. Then they are smeared and sprinkled with a layer of cheese on top. If the dough is puff pastry, it is not necessary to make round cakes, you can choose another form that reduces the number of pieces of dough.
For the filling, different types of cheese and cottage cheese products are used. But the leader is Suluguni. With him, the pastry is simply superb. This cheese is also ideal for sprinkling on top. If there is no suluguni, then you can take a different product, but only one that melts well.
Baked khachapuri with double cheese only in the oven. They do not make a small temperature, they immediately set it to 200 degrees, as they prepare quickly enough.
Megrelian Khachapuri with double cheese (suluguni)
The dough is prepared from a mixture of kefir and sour cream. Equal proportions are indicated, but if something is missing, then you can add a second product more. Dough without yeast.
• 125 g sour cream;
• 125 g of kefir;
• 0.5 tsp. salts;
• 300 g flour;
• 80 g butter;
• 0.5 tsp. soda;
• 1 tsp. Sahara.
For the filling, you need suluguni cheese (0.2-0.3 kg), one egg for lubrication.
1. The undoubted advantage of this recipe is the dough. Since it is prepared without yeast, it does not need to stand. Mix the kefir and soda, wait until they react.
2. Melt the butter, cool slightly and add to the kefir. Now you can fall asleep everything else and stir. Flour listed in approximate quantities. The dough should turn out for modeling, but not plasticine, but soft and fluffy. 3. Close the dough, let it stand, while preparing the filling.
4. Suluguni just need to rub with small chips.
5. We take out the dough, roll out a small tortilla.
6. We spread in the center the most part of cheese, we leave a little for sprinkling.
7. Raise up the edges of the cake, pinch it all together.
8. Now the bun with the filling needs to be turned over and roll out the cake. Do this carefully so as not to break through the layer. If suddenly the dough is a little steep and badly drawn out, you can leave the bun for five minutes, let it lie down. The thickness of the khachapuri should be about a centimeter.
9. It is advisable to cover the baking sheet, but you can just grease. We transfer the cake.
10. Lubricate with egg, sprinkle suluguni, set aside earlier. The layer should not be thick, it is enough to powder the top.
11. We bake at 190 degrees. The temperature in the oven is about 200 degrees. As soon as the product is reddened, the top cheese is roasted and taken out.
Megrelian Khachapuri from yeast dough
A variant of khachapuri, which is made from yeast dough. It is put on ordinary water, but you can also take milk or whey, it will be even more tasty.
• 350 g Suluguni;
• 250 ml of water;
• 1 spoon of sugar;
• 5 g yeast;
• 40 ml of oil;
• 1 tsp. without a hill of salt.
1. As it should be, for the yeast dough we use a warm liquid, regardless of its type. Dissolve the yeast, sugar can be poured immediately. Let stand for the grains to separate.
2. Now add the salt, pour the vegetable oil or melted butter, put the flour. Dough knead enthusiastically, it should be smooth, soft.
3. Close it with a napkin, let it stand for 1.5 hours.
4. Rub suluguni, put off a couple of spoons for baking sprinkles on top.
5. You can immediately beat the egg. If you want to get a ruddy crust, then you can use only the yolk, add half a spoonful of milk or the same amount of water for flowability, stir well.
6. The dough should fit and increase. We get it out of the bowl.
7. Spread the lump on the powdered table, make the cake, pack the stuffing. 8. We roll out a new flat cake, now with filling. Transfer to baking sheet.
9. Lubricate with egg, sprinkle with deferred cheese.
10. It only remains to bake. We send in a cupboard heated to two hundred degrees, we wait for appetizing crust.
Megrelian Khachapuri from puff pastry with cheese and suluguni
Simplified Megrelian Khachapuri Recipe. Dough can be taken both yeast and normal. In any case, baking with cheese turns out just amazing.
• 400 g of dough;
• 150 g of Suluguni cheese;
• 200 g sheep cheese;
• 1 egg.
1. You can make a round khachapuri from puff pastry, that is, a classic shape. But why do we need waste and trim? It is better to cook a rectangular cake. We take out the dough, let him go.
2. For now let's do the filling. Rub suluguni and exactly half put aside for sprinkling.
3. Cheese need to chop, add to suluguni. Stir.
4. Just beat the egg with a fork, so that the yolk and protein merge together.
5. Expand the reservoir and evaluate its shape, pretend how the cake will look, if you roll the sheet in half. From here and dance. If the cake is narrow. Then roll out a rectangle in length. If it turns out short, then we roll a little wide. Cut in half.
6. We transfer one part to the baking sheet, it will be bottom.
7. We smear the tortilla with an egg, especially carefully process the edges.
8. Spread a layer of cheese filling.
9. Cover the second flat cake, pinch the edges.
10. Lubricate the egg surface, sprinkle with deposited chips from Suluguni.
11. The principle of baking is absolutely the same: we put at 200 degrees, we are waiting for the melting of the top cheese and golden brown crust.
Megrelian Khachapuri with curd and cheese
Variant of amazing filling for khachapuri, very tender and juicy. Cottage cheese will need fat, with a dry product will not so tasty. Cheese is used in any solid variety.
• 170 ml of water;
• 1 tsp. yeast;
• 1 tsp. Sahara;
• 250 g of flour;
• 3 spoons of butter.
For the filling you will need 250 grams of thorns and 120 grams of cheese, also prepare an egg for lubrication. Cooking
1. We heat water, we add in it all ingredients of the test, except flour. We give to stand, so that the products are gone, we pour flour. Knead the dough, if needed, then add more flour.
2. We shift in a high bowl or in any saucepan, cover with linen cloth and leave for two hours.
3. Pound the curd with salt. The filling should be homogeneous.
4. Cheese three, half leave. The second part of the throw to the cheese, stir.
5. We take out the dough, which should already well increase in size.
6. Sprinkle the table with flour, roll out the cake, wrap the stuffing and make the finishing roll. Transfer to baking sheet.
7. Now turn the eggs. Beat it up and brush it well with a cake from all sides.
8. Sprinkle with grated and deferred cheese, bake until golden brown.
Megrelian Khachapuri with Matson
Matsoni dough is one of the most delicious. It is ideal for Megrelian khachapuri. If there is no matsoni, then it is possible to use tang, airan, or at least kefir.
• 2 eggs;
• 1 cup of yogurt;
• 50 g of oil;
• 2 cups of flour;
• 0.5 tsp. soda
For the filling 200 g of cottage cheese and 200 g of cheese.
1. In matsoni put salt and soda, stir.
2. Add butter, surely melted, but not hot, stir.
3. We put one whole egg, and from the second only protein. The yolk will lubricate the surface of the formed khachapuri.
4. Fill the flour, knead.
5. Rub cheese, throw back a little to sprinkle. Stir the rest of the chips with cottage cheese, put salt to taste.
6. From the dough form the usual cake with the filling. How to do this is described in the recipes above. You can cook a few small cakes.
7. Mix the yolk, which was set aside earlier, with a teaspoon of water.
8. Grease the cake, sprinkle with cheese.
9. It remains only to bake! The temperature is again 200, you shouldn't do it below.
Megrelian portioned khachapuri with cheese
Another option baking, which is made from puff pastry. These products are portioned, it is convenient to take them with you. Cheese in the filling, you can take any. Ingredients
• 400 g of dough;
• 250 grams of cheese per filling;
• 1 egg;
• 50 g cheese for dressing.
1. Puff pastry need to roll to a thickness of three millimeters.
2. Divide it in half, overlap it and cut it into squares. But you can make khachapuri and another form. We measure so as to avoid scraps.
3. Prepare the filling, just rub the cheese.
4. Beat the recipe egg, do it without any additives.
5. Cheese for dressing must also be grated. It should be firm and melt well.
6. Remove the upper squares, take the brush, lower flat breads are fully coated with the egg.
7. Spread the cheese filling.
8. Return the previously removed squares. We spread out so that all parties coincided, we press edges with fingers.
9. Grease the formed khachapuri on top, sprinkle with second cheese.
10. It remains only to transfer to a baking sheet and bake.
Megrelian Khachapuri - useful tips and tricks
• To make a beautiful crust on khachapuri, it is important to use good cheese for sprinkling, which is melted and roasted. On the filling, you can save money by adding cottage cheese, cheese and other similar products.
• No matsoni? You can use any dairy drink. Not bad dough is obtained on whey. If there is nothing at all, then even sour sour cream, diluted with boiled, but not hot water, will fit.
• After adding soda to kefir, let the mixture stand for a while, so that the reaction is complete. As soon as the mass settles, the foam stops producing, the rest of the ingredients are added.