Homemade dumplings with potatoes - one of the most favorite family dishes.
The main feature is that they can be served independently, as an additional dish, or you can freeze and cook at any time.
Basic principles of making dough recipes for dumplings with potatoes
The technology of the dough is reduced to the fact that in a bowl according to the recipe it is necessary to mix water or sour-milk products with the addition of eggs, salt, soda or other components. Then pour the required amount of flour and knead the dough so that the consistency is soft and not very dense. Do not push it, crumple and strive so as not to stick to your hands. Let it remain a little loose. You only need to feel the dough, for it’s not for nothing that it is called “alive”.
Next, it is necessary to roll. It is also necessary to add flour to this process.
There are several ways to form dumplings:
1) Without a rolling pin - prepare sausage from dough, cut it into pieces. From each piece we form a ball and press it with a palm. Thickness should be 1.5-2 mm. On one varenik should go 1 h. stuffing.
2) With a rolling pin, roll out the dough and cut it into 5x5 or 10x10 squares. Put the stuffing in the middle and pinch it with a triangle. You can also cut out circles with the help of glass and put the stuffing inside as well.
3) An interesting way in which the dough is rolled into two equal parts. On one is placed at the same distance from each other filling so that it was possible to zaschipnut dumplings. The top is covered with another sheet of dough and cut into identical squares with the help of pizza knives or an ordinary knife. The edges are tipped with a fork. It turns out beautiful and unusual dumplings.
4) Some housewives use special molds and accessories.
There are many recipes for filling dumplings, in which the main component is potatoes, and you can add to it: • marinated or fried mushrooms;
• liver and mushrooms;
• salted fish (for example, salted herring);
• cottage cheese.
The dumplings themselves are very simple to cook. To do this, it is necessary to boil water and salt it in a wide saucepan to evenly distribute the product. After boiling, put the dumplings into the water and, stirring occasionally, wait until they emerge. Homemade dumplings cook for 2-3 minutes, and frozen semi-finished products - 6-8 minutes. Serve dumplings with sour cream, mayonnaise or any other sauce, as well as with fried and sprinkled with onion. Pickles are very suitable as a supplement.
Thus, an important role in cooking vareniki plays the dough from which they are prepared. Here we will stop today.
Recipe 1. Dough recipe for dumplings with potatoes in water
• flour - 700 grams;
• water - 2 glasses;
• medium egg - 1 pc .;
• salt - 1 tsp.
This is not exactly a traditional recipe, but his knowledge can sometimes be a good service in life.
1. In a bowl pour a glass of water, drive an egg and add salt. All carefully stir.
2. Gradually begin to add sifted flour.
3. Knead the dough and leave it for a short time to stand.
4. After 20 minutes, knead the dough again so that it becomes smooth and uniform.
Recipe 2. Brewed method of making dough for dumplings with potatoes
• flour - 10 glasses (capacity - 250 ml);
• vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. L .;
• salt - 1.5 tsp;
• chicken eggs - 3 pcs .;
• water (boiling water is necessary) - 3 glasses.
This method is a favorite of many hostesses, as it prepares very quickly and has a special taste.
1. Put 3 cups of flour in a bowl, add oil and salt.
2. Fill the dough with boiling water, stirring it thoroughly. We are waiting for it to cool down a bit.
3. Add three eggs one by one to the choux pastry, the remaining flour and continue to knead further.
4. After the dough has acquired some smoothness, wrap it in cling film or polyethylene and leave it on the table for an hour at room temperature. 5. After a specified time, the dough becomes very soft and pliable, keeps its shape well and is pleasant to work with.
Recipe 3. The classic dough recipe for dumplings with potatoes on milk
• milk (preferably 3.2%) - 1.5 l;
• flour of the highest grade - 3 glasses;
• homemade egg - 1 pc .;
• salt - pinch;
• sugar -2 -3 grams.
This is a step-by-step recipe for cooking standard tasty dumplings.
1. Milk is slightly heated.
2. In a bowl in which we will knead the dough, pour the milk. At 600-700 grams of dough - 150 ml of milk.
3. 1 egg break into a bowl and gradually put into the milk.
4. Pour a little salt and sugar. Sugar will accelerate the fermentation of dough. Lactic acids will begin to ferment and will raise the dough.
5. Sift the flour, better - twice.
6. In the milk with the egg for uniform mixing flour add parts of 1-2 tablespoons.
7. Put the mixture on the table and continue kneading the dough. To understand whether it is ready or not, you need to tear off a piece, put it on the back of your hand and try to roll it. If you can do it, then the dough is ready.
8. Cover the finished dough with a towel and leave at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Recipe 4. Dough recipe for dumplings with potatoes on sour cream
• flour - 3 tbsp .;
• sour cream (homemade is better, but you can also shop) - 3 tbsp;
• water - 0.5 st .;
• salt - 0.5 tsp;
• soda - 0.5 tsp.
The dough cooked on sour cream, is the most tender.
1. Sift flour and mix it with salt.
2. Add soda in sour cream and mix well.
3. Pour the resulting texture into the flour and mix well with the addition of water.
4. Knead the dough to medium density, place in a plastic bag and leave to rest.
5. In 20 minutes it will be ready.
Recipe 5. The dough recipe for dumplings with potatoes on yogurt
• kefir (2.5%) - 200 ml. or one glass;
• flour - 3 glasses;
• soda - 0.5 tsp;
• salt - pinch;
• vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. Kefir in this recipe can be replaced by any sour-milk product.
1. In kefir add soda. This is necessary in order to improve the loosening property of soda. It turns out that we extinguish alkaline soda with acidic kefir.
2. In the resulting mass add the remaining components and mix thoroughly.
3. Gradually sifted flour and knead the dough.
Recipe 6. Grandma's dough recipe for dumplings with potatoes on yogurt
• kefir (yogurt, whey) - 100 grams;
• egg - 1 pc .;
• flour - 5 tbsp. L .;
• table vinegar - 1 tbsp.;
• butter or corn - 1 tbsp. L .;
• soda - 0.5 tsp.
From one such recipe, you can make dumplings and dumplings - a dish of boiled pieces of dough. Most often they cook soup.
1. Add egg, vinegar, melted butter or corn oil to kefir or other sour-milk product. Well whisk whisk.
2. Next, add 2 tbsp. flour and mix.
3. Now came the turn of soda. Stir and add the remaining amount of flour.
4. Spread the mixture and continue to knead the dough until smooth. The dough will seem liquid, but it must be kneaded so that it does not stick to your hands.
5. Next, form dough sausages and cut them into small pieces. These parts in the Ukrainian kitchen are called dumplings and can already be cooked. And we continue to roll the resulting parts and put the stuffing on top of them.
Recipe 7. Recipe dough for dumplings with potatoes and mushrooms
• flour - 700 grams;
• water (potato broth) - 600 ml .;
• mushroom marinade - 1st tablespoon
This is the so-called recipe without waste from production. Nothing is wasted.
1. Basically, the preparation of any recipe for dumplings begins with the fact that the filling is prepared. For this, first of all, potatoes are boiled. So, the broth, merged with such potatoes, we will use to prepare the dough. 2. In a warm broth, which we poured after boiled potatoes, add 1 tbsp. l mushroom marinade.
3. Also gradually begin to add the entire amount of flour, leaving 1 cup for mixing.
Recipe 8. Multi-colored dough for dumplings with potatoes and cottage cheese
• water (or milk) - 100 ml .;
• flour - 2 tbsp .;
• eggs - 2 pcs .;
• salt - 0.5 tsp.
• tomato paste - 10 grams;
• parsley, basil, spinach - 10 grams.
A very interesting recipe for children, where all the dumplings of different colors.
1. Pour water or milk into the container, drive in two eggs, salt and mix well.
2. Pour the sifted flour and start kneading the dough. Divide into three equal parts.
3. In one part add the tomato paste, in the other - greens, and the third - leave white. You can also use carrot or beet juice for color.
4. Each part is once again well mixed to a homogeneous mass.
5. Next, sculpt the dumplings, as fantasy tells you. They turn out only multi-colored. Additional additives on the taste are not reflected.
Recipe 9. Dough recipe for dumplings with potatoes in bread maker
• flour - 500 grams;
• water - 300 ml .;
• starch - 2 tbsp.
• salt - 1 tsp.
We have prepared a recipe for the happy owners of breadmaker.
1. All of the specified ingredients are mixed and dropped into the breadmaker.
2. Set the yeast dough mode and 10 minutes after the start of the process, remove the dough and transfer it to the fridge for 15 minutes so that the flour gives gluten.
3. The secret of this recipe is to add starch, thanks to which the dough becomes very elastic and does not tear when rolled.
Secrets and tricks of dough recipes for potato dumplings
1. Flour for dumplings must be purchased with a high content of gluten. The more of it, the dough will be more magnificent, and dumplings - tastier. In flour 1 grade gluten -30%, 2 grades - 25% and 3 grades - 20%.
2. Sifting flour is not necessary, but desirable, since with this you perform several functions at once. Firstly, do not allow various debris or other impurities to enter the dough. And secondly, your dough will be saturated with oxygen and get more airy and lush. 3. To make the dough soft and fluffy, pour the flour into rare ingredients, and not vice versa.
4. The filling should be at room temperature so that the dumplings dough does not fall apart. If it is hot, the dough will stick together and baked. And in this place it will be raw.
5. In order for the dumplings to turn out lush, you should never put the dough in the refrigerator before making it.
6. In order for the dumplings not to turn out solid, the liquid for kneading dough must be warm. It will be unleavened dough. For the custard dough, the water should just boil. Cold water is needed for ravioli.
7. To make the dough fluffy, you need to add sunflower oil.
8. The ratio of water and dumplings during cooking should be 3: 0.5, i.e. 3 liters of water and 0.5 kg of dumplings. This is necessary so that the dumplings do not lose their shape.
9. Try to get the dough slightly stuck to your hands, do not fill it with flour. So, the dumplings will be soft and tender.
10. If you do not roll out the dough right away, but still prepare the stuffing, then remove the dough into a bag so that it does not shed.
11. Soy flour is sometimes added to wheat flour, considering that it improves the taste and is also rich in protein and fiber.
Rejoice in the simplicity and taste of the dumplings!