Prune pies are tart and nutritious dishes.
To soften the taste of dried fruits they are often stuffed with sour cream or cottage cheese. Prunes are excellent for imparting originality to lean meat - white, chicken, lean veal.
As the basis for the manufacture of prunes - the fruits of plums of different varieties, these dried fruits themselves are distributed almost everywhere and are used in both national and modern kitchens around the world.
Prune Pies - General Cooking Principles
• Prune should be soaked for 8-9 hours in water. If prunes with stones, they should be removed from the already softened berries.
• The oven for baking is preheated, the pies are put in a preheated oven and baked at 180 degrees, only the meat of the puff pastry is baked at a lower one.
• Categorically it is impossible even to open the door in the process of baking, otherwise the dough will fall, the product will not be airy and fluffy.
• If you need to warm up the milk in the recipe, do not overheat it. In the hot yeast will die.
• Soak prunes before chopping should be slightly squeezed to remove excess water. Grind the best by skipping the berries through a meat grinder.
Cottage cheese pie with prunes “Decorating a children's party”
If you are not so conservative, that the “Napoleon” decorated the holiday table for the baby’s birthday exclusively offer the children a cake with prunes and cottage cheese, and don’t forget to pick out a piece for adults!
• flour - 300 grams;
• fat margarine - 150 grams;
• baking powder - teaspoon;
• 1 egg and additionally 1 yolk.
• cottage cheese - 600 grams;
• three chicken eggs;
• sifted starch - a little less than half a glass;
• small bag of vanilla;
• prunes - 200 grams;
• half a lemon;
• 150-180 gr. unrefined sugar; • sour cream (homemade) - 300 gr.
1. Pound sugar with a spoon from the drain. butter, or softened margarine. Pour the baking powder.
2. Gradually add flour to knead a thin elastic dough.
3. On a detachable form, evenly expand it so that high edges are formed along the edges. Remove for 45 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Curd mash through a sieve and mix with sour cream to form a mass without lumps and large particles.
5. Add sugar, starch, vanilla, egg, yolk. Pour lemon juice and beat well with a mixer or a whisk.
6. Mix the mixture gently over the workpiece, put the pieces of dried fruit on top. Bake until 50 minutes.
7. Remove and let cool to room temperature, put in the fridge for 8-10 hours.
Apple pie with prunes
Plums and apples get along well in the country, and compote. And what will happen if they converge in a pie? Try it, and do not forget to sprinkle with ground cinnamon, it will give a light aroma of the east.
• flour - 600 gr. (top grade);
• a tablespoon of milk for breeding yeast;
• a pinch of salt;
• yeast - 30 g .;
• 2 eggs;
• 75 gr. margarine;
• a glass of yogurt, or bold kefir;
• unrefined granulated sugar - 2 tbsp. lie
• milk - a tablespoon, or a little more;
• cinnamon if desired for dressing;
• 2.5 tablespoons of sugar;
• apples - 4 pieces;
• prunes - 15 berries;
1. Dry yeast dissolve quickly in warm milk.
2. Melt the margarine on the steam bath and, having moved the tank to cold water, cool it, leaving it in a liquid consistency.
3. Kefir, margarine, dissolved yeast, salt and eggs mix. In small portions, pour in flour, knead the neat dough, put into the heat.
4. Cut the peeled apples into thin slices.
5. Divide the dough into two slightly unequal parts.
6. To knead the most part on the greased form, to raise edges slightly. 7. Top lay out the plate of apples and lightly sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
8. Roll out the second half and cut into strips, from which weave braids. Decorate with pigtails in the form of a grid.
9. Prune berries are laid in the cells and leave to approach for up to an hour.
10. Top abundantly smear with a mixture of milk and yolk and send baked. After 50 minutes, the cake is ready.
Delicate pie with prunes under a crisp
Prunes with cottage cheese, one of the most favorite to soften the sharp taste of dried fruits and still give a little bit of novelty - a layer of egg white beaten with sugar will make the cake unusual if not to taste, then certainly by sensations.
• prunes - 800 grams;
• margarine - 250 grams;
• cottage cheese - 700 grams;
• flour - 2.5 cups (top grade);
• 6 eggs;
• 2 glasses of sugar;
• dessert spoon baking powder;
• cinnamon - 1/3 tsp .;
• low-fat sour cream - about 150 grams.
1. Grind a third of the sugar with four yolks.
2. Mix the flour with the baking powder, yolks and sugar, add the margarine that has slightly melted at room temperature and knead the dough with your hands, gradually stirring the sour cream.
3. Wrap with cling film, cover with a thin towel for 40 minutes and put into the refrigerator.
4. Roll the cooled dough with a rolling pin on a baking sheet, forming low sides along the edges.
5. Top with evenly spread the curd mass, on it - prunes, cut into strips.
6. Bake for 35 minutes.
7. At this time, beat with the remaining sugar proteins to the formation of steep peaks.
8. 7 minutes before the end, get the cake, put the protein mass over the prunes, gently level and return to bake until ready.
Meat pie with prunes
Meat pie is a dish of real men. And if you use ground nuts and prunes in it, then, in addition to brutality, we also get a peculiar taste, besides, this dish served hot, is completely different from the cold one. Ingredients, in two servings:
• 2 chicken fillets;
• prunes - 200 grams;
• purchased puff pastry;
• chopped nuts - half a glass;
• mustard ready;
• hand-ground black pepper.
1. Used meat is pre-marinated. To do this, cut the washed breast along the fibers into two halves. Beat off salt, pepper, rub on all sides with mustard and remove in the cold, for 8-10 hours.
2. Layered dough put defrost.
3. Marinated chicken my meat and dried.
4. Thawed dough divide into portions, roll out with a thickness of about 3 mm and sprinkle with walnuts.
5. In the middle of the future cakes lay out 2 halves of fillet, and between them prepared prunes.
6. Wrap the edges and form a cake. Top lubricate the egg. You can top with a fork to put a pattern.
7. We bake at a temperature different from all other recipes - 160-170 degrees, baking takes about an hour.
Closed prune pie
Every housewife ever asked to choose the best cake for every day faced a dilemma: closed or open. Of course, you will choose the option of a closed pie in your kitchen notebook, of course, we will offer.
• 200 ml of milk;
• Yeast - 2 tbsp. l dry, or normal - 100 grams;
• Baking-grade margarine for baking - a pack;
• 3 tbsp. spoons of purified vegetable oil;
• two eggs, plus one for lubrication;
• half a glass of granulated sugar;
• flour, how much can take the dough (only about 3 glasses);
• salt - at discretion.
For the filling:
• prunes - 250 grams;
• liquid honey - 3 tbsp. spoons.
1. Pour the milk into a small saucepan and put the margarine sliced into slices.
2. Heat and melt the margarine. Cool to a temperature slightly above room temperature.
3. Dissolve the yeast in a warm mixture, pour in the solution. butter. Salt, add sugar, break eggs and stir. 4. Pour the contents of the saucepan into a bowl, gradually introducing flour, knead non-stick dough that does not stick to the hands.
5. Release prunes from stones, finely chop and mix with honey melted on a steam bath.
6. On a greased vegetable oil sheet, roll out with a rolling pin 1/2 of the existing dough, put the prepared prunes on top. Cover with a layer of dough rolled in 3 mm thick and firmly fasten the edges on all sides.
7. Brush with egg and bake until reddened.
Grated prune pie
Tirtym this recipe is named for an unusual method of preparation. Margarine with flour - chopped, the dough is subsequently rubbed, the original consistency is obtained. Try it, in the process of manufacturing it is not at all difficult, but you and your family, of course, will judge the taste of the cake.
• 2.5 cups high-grade flour;
• two eggs;
• a pack of margarine;
• 0.5 teaspoons of baking soda;
• Vinegar 9% - extinguish soda.
• a little over 1/2 cup of sugar;
• pitted prunes - half a kilogram.
1. Chilled margarine, which is not frozen at all, is vigorously chopped with a knife, mixing simultaneously with the flour, add the extinguished soda and knead the thick dough.
2. Combine crushed prunes with sugar and mix.
3. Grate half of the dough to the bottom of the form, lightly sprinkled with flour, using a grater with large cells.
4. From above evenly place the prune mass.
5. On the prunes, rub the second part of the dough and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Cool, sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar and cut into portions with a knife.
Sponge cake with sour cream and prunes
What just do not make such great delicacies like biscuits? With lemons and bananas, with coffee and dried apricots, sweet and not very white and dark. Well, if with prunes? Yes please!
Ingredients for sponge cake:
• 1.5 cups sour cream 20% fat and more (you can mix non-greasy cream); • 1 egg, plus one yolk;
• 1.5 cups of flour;
• table vinegar;
• 0.5 tsp. baking soda;
• sugar - 1.5 cups;
• prunes - 100 grams;
• 20% sour cream, or mixed as described above - 200 ml;
• vanillin or vanilla sugar - bag;
• sugar - 3 table. lie
1. Sugar with sour cream and eggs, beat with a mixer or manually with a whisk. Add hydrated soda, flour and mix again to create uniformity. The dough should be no lumps.
2. Grease the mold profusely with softened margarine, sprinkle with semolina. Turn the bottom up, pour out the excess semolina, pour the dough and send it in the oven for half an hour until it is baked. Readiness can be checked with a toothpick or a match. If a toothpick, after you stick it, and then quickly remove it, remains dry, then our biscuit is ready.
3. For cream in a small container lay out sour cream, pour in sugar, vanillin and whisk until sour cream thickens.
4. The cooled biscuit is cut into two horizontal layers with a sharp knife. Put the prepared prunes on the bottom half and grease the prune layer with sour cream. Cover with the second part of the sponge cake and spread the remaining cream evenly on top.
5. You can decorate chocolate chips.
Prune filler pie
Jellied cakes are simple only in the description. Of course, it may well be that from birth you have been given the talent to cook them. Well, if not, then just try to do everything strictly point by point. It should turn out very tasty.
• a glass of bold kefir;
• sugar - glass;
• flour - glass;
• soda - 4 pinches;
• margarine or butter - 2 full tablespoons with a hill;
• prunes - 15 berries.
To lubricate the form:
1. In a small container, mix using kefir, flour, soda, sugar, and egg with a whisk. 2. Melt margarine or butter and let cool slowly to room temperature, add to dough and mix again.
3. The container in which you are going to bake, coat with butter and sprinkle with semolina.
4. Pour about a third of the dough immediately, cover with prepared prunes, pour the rest on top.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. The finished cooled cake is sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Prune Pie - Tricks and Tips
• Flour for any kind of dough, especially yeast, should always be sifted. Large particles will be removed, the flour will become “easier”, will be filled with air.
• If you add liquid ingredients to the flour while kneading, but not vice versa, you will avoid lumping and kneading the dough will become much easier.
• For the sand dough, all components are kept at room temperature; margarine or butter cannot be heated intensively, drowned. They are ground with sugar and flour with their hands and at the same time fast enough so that the margarine does not have time to melt.
• Yeast dough is best suited in a warm place.
• To baking powder evenly spread on flour, it is enough to mix it with flour before sifting.
• If flour is poured gradually while kneading, you will never overdo it with its quantity and get the perfect dough of the desired consistency.
• When baking products from yeast dough, it is recommended to place a bowl with water at the bottom of the oven to humidify the air. The cakes will rise even stronger.