The French are said to be experts in wine and women. And also in various foods. Well, about frog legs, we, perhaps, this time remain in ignorance, but with pleasure we will prepare and try a very successful national version of an omelet.
French Omelet - General Cooking Principles
• French omelette cooked only pouring mass into the pan. It must be coated with a non-stick coating, but if there is a massive cast-iron pan with sloping edges, then there is no better option for the dishes. For a portion of such an omelet from three eggs, a pan with an internal diameter of about 20 cm will do.
• The peculiarity of the French version of the omelet lies in the correct composition of the egg mass and its frying in the pan.
• Omelet mass is prepared only from eggs. Milk or other products are rarely added to it. Eggs are seasoned with ground pepper, then salted and carefully razbaltyvayut. Beat up to the foam is not necessary, as long as the base was homogeneous.
• Fry french omelet with minimal heat, pouring the egg mixture into a well-heated butter. Often, some of the oil is introduced into the omelet mass. In the process of cooking the pan with a lid is not closed, otherwise you will get something more similar to a lush souffle.
• A French omelet is considered ready when its edges begin to brighten, but the center of the dish remains slightly thin. At this moment it is rolled up and put on a plate. If the dish is prepared with a filling, then the dish is fried more strongly, and they must be sure that its bottom does not burn.
• In the French omelet stuffing, you can put any products that are harmoniously combined with each other: vegetables, fish, fresh greens, sausages and mushrooms. The filling is laid out in the center of the finished omelet "cake" and wrap free edges on it. Any filling is always sprinkled with chopped cheese.
• The wrapped omelet is slightly warmed up so that the cheese melts well and only then is put on the plate, laying seam down. You can serve fresh vegetables as a side dish.
Simple recipe - classic French omelettes
• 50 gr. butter;
• three eggs.
1. Put the butter into a pan that is suitable in size and wall thickness and put on a minimum heat. The oil should completely melt, but it should not be strongly heated.
2. While the oil is heating up, break into a small bowl of eggs and let loose well. Beat until fluffy foam, no need, enough to bring to a uniform consistency.
3. Intensively stirring the eggs, pour almost all the oil into them in a thin stream. Slightly melted butter should be left in the pan, it is useful for frying.
4. Add a little salt to the egg mass, pepper it lightly and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan, which left the oil, and set the minimum heat.
6. When the edges turn white, lift the spatula at one, the lightest edge and carefully wrap in the form of a roll.
7. Carefully place the rolled omelet on a plate, laying it seam down, and serve.
French omelet stuffed with vegetables and mushrooms
• 50 gr. bacon;
• half bell pepper;
• small tomato;
• 50 gr. cheese - “Russian” or “Dutch”;
• four small champignons;
• half of the average onion;
• fine clove of garlic;
• three feathers of green onions;
• eggs - 3 pcs .;
• 72% butter - 40 gr.
1. In a frying pan over low heat, warm thin slices of bacon before cooking fat from them.
2. Add a small shredded onion and lightly chop it over low heat.
3. Without waiting for browning, put the diced mushrooms and chopped bell pepper flesh into small softened onions.
4. Lightly salt the filling, season with white pepper, squeeze the garlic into it with a press and, stirring constantly, bring to readiness the softness of the mushroom and vegetable pieces.
5. In a separate frying pan, slowly (with a minimum of temperature) melt the butter and carefully pour the eggs that are out of salt with it. 6. Bring the omelet over low heat until the edges are brightened and place the cooked roast in the center.
7. Sprinkle with finely grated cheese on top and wrap free edges around it.
8. Carefully place the finished dish over the side of the griddle in a dish or plate and serve hot to the table.
French omelette - “Hostess”, with champignons
• two eggs;
• 25 ml of pasteurized milk;
• big spoon of butter;
• fresh champignons - three small mushrooms;
• leek - 1 pc .;
• three leaves of lettuce;
• a quarter of red sweet pepper;
• “Dutch” cheese - 40 gr.
1. Cut leek into thin ringlets, and mushrooms into slices. On a large grater chop the cheese.
2. Lettuce leaves thoroughly, rinse with water and dry each one with a towel.
3. In a dry frying pan over a small fire, beat the onion for a couple of minutes, then add the mushrooms, wait until the juice evaporates completely, and put everything in a plate.
4. Cut up one lettuce leaf and pulp of bell pepper in small thin strips.
5. Beat the eggs and milk, add to the mixture a little ground pepper, salt to your taste. Pour the chopped leaf of lettuce into the eggs and mix thoroughly.
6. Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently pour the eggs and greens mixed into it.
7. When the edges of the omelet change color, and its middle is still slightly watery, place the mushroom filling in the center and gently align it to the edges.
8. Sprinkle mushrooms with grated cheese. Spread the remaining lettuce leaves from one side of the filling. Carefully place the strips of sweet pepper on them and fold the omelet in half.
French omelet with ham filling
• four eggs;
• 60 grams of hard cheese;
• 50 grams of boiled ham;
• A tablespoon with a slice of butter or thick cream.
1. Break eggs into a deep bowl and pierce the yolks with a fork. Pour in some salt and mix the egg mass well, making it homogeneous. For aroma, you can add a little freshly ground black pepper in a mortar. 2. Cut the ham by centimeter cubes, rub the cheese on a medium or large grater.
3. Put the butter in a frying pan and put on the stove over low heat.
4. When the fat starts to crackle, pour in the loose eggs and leave to cook on the same heat.
5. In the process of cooking, periodically move the already-baked part away from the pan to the center.
6. When the whole mass is well baked, sprinkle half of it with a piece of chopped cheese. Spread ham cubes on it evenly and cover with remaining cheese chips.
7. Cover the ham filling with the free part of the omelette, soak the dish in the pan for another half minute and put it on a plate.
8. When serving, hot dish can be additionally sprinkled with cheese.
French omelet with red fish and tomatoes
• lightly salted red fish - 50 gr .;
• three large eggs;
• 30 grams of “Russian” cheese;
• small fleshy tomato;
• 30 gr. cream or butter;
• Fresh greens for serving - to taste.
1. Red fish and tomato cut into medium-sized cubes, rib size not more than 0.5 cm, rub cheese on a small vegetable grater. Combine the fish with cheese and tomatoes, mix.
2. In eggs broken into a bowl, pierce the yolks. Season the eggs with ground pepper, add a small pinch of salt and let loose.
3. Pour non-boiling oil into the egg mixture, melt well in the pan and stir thoroughly with a fork, making it homogeneous.
4. Pour the mixture into the frying pan on which the oil was heated and put it on moderate heat.
5. When the upper part becomes firm enough, and the lower part grasps well, place the fish mixed with tomatoes and cheese on its center.
6. Carefully lifting the free edges with a spatula, wrap them on the stuffing, warm the omelet for at least 30 seconds so that the cheese begins to melt and put the omelet on a plate.
7. Decorate the dish with fresh herbs and serve.
French omelette stuffed with cheese, vegetables and mushrooms
• fresh milk (or just very fat) - 100 ml;
• four eggs;
• 50 gr. lightly salted cheese; • three sprigs of fresh dill;
• “Kostroma” cheese - 50 gr .;
• small tomato;
• four young champignons;
• three spoons of frozen butter;
• small sweet pepper;
• spices - to taste.
1. Release the eggs in a deep bowl and pierce the yolks. Add refined tea tea, pour in all the milk, season with spices, lightly salt and lightly blot.
2. Pour oil into the heated-up speed, evenly distribute the fat throughout the bottom, pour the egg mixture on it.
3. At a low temperature, do not cover the lid, bake until fully cooked and carefully place on the plate.
4. Cheese and hard cheese rub into fine chips, finely chop fresh greens. Finely, diced, chop the tomatoes, finely chop the onion and pulp of the bell pepper.
5. Sliced champignons, together with pepper, fry in warm vegetable oil.
6. Put all the ingredients of the filling on half an omelet, and cover with its free half.
7. Carefully transfer to the pan and heat it with a minimum temperature on both sides, three minutes each. It is advisable to cover the pan with a lid so that the cheese melts better.
French omelette - cooking tips and helpful tips
• It will be easier to bring the egg mass to homogeneity if you pierce the egg yolks with a sharp table object, such as a fork or knife, before razbaltyvaniem.
• In order to fry the French omelet evenly, during frying, move the ready part of it from the sides of the pan to the center.
• The cheese in the filling will melt better and much faster if it is heated under the lid.
• Do not pour the omelette mass into the oil boiling in the pan, the dish is guaranteed to burn.