Berry cake on the holiday table is always not only tasty and beautiful, but also not very high in calories. Compared to other cakes, this delicacy does not really hit the figure as frankly as an oil-nut or chocolate-cream cake.
Light, tasty and various cakes can be baked with any berries. Strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blueberries, plums and currants are especially popular. In winter, fresh frozen berry harvest is available. In addition, in the filling and to decorate the top you can always take jam or berry preservation.
Berry Cake - General Cooking Principles
The main ingredient of the berry cake is a ripe seasonal berry. Her before use, wash and discuss. From the cherries and plums take out the bone.
The dough for the delicacy is most often biscuit. It will take a lot of eggs: the better you can beat them, the more magnificent the cake will be. Therefore, the egg base should be whipped with a mixer. As a rule, housewives are advised to divide the eggs into proteins and yolks and work with proteins separately. But in fact it is not necessary. The main thing is to make the mass for the biscuit dense, well-shaped.
Cottage cheese is popular as a filling for berry cakes. The snow-white layer with delicate acidity is ideally combined with the taste and aroma of the berry. In addition, the filling can be made creamy jelly using food gelatin.
Those who especially watch the figure, you can try baking without flour or berry delicacy without baking. It turns out original, tasty and with a minimum of calories.
The temperature of baking cake, depending on the characteristics of the oven, ranges from 160 to 180 ° for about an hour. The height of the cake mold is only important for baking biscuits, as it affects the height of the cake. Traditionally, hostesses prefer split metal or silicone molds with a diameter of 20 mm.
Berry cream cake with “Rhapsody” curd cream
Classic sponge cake and cottage cheese filling make this variant of the berry cake the most popular. If you know how to bake biscuit cakes, then this particular delicacy can become the most beloved in the berry season.
• a cup of any berries;
• half a liter of whipping cream (not less than 33%);
• a pack of cottage cheese (200 grams);
• three eggs;
• 60 g white flour;
• a tablespoon of starch;
• 90 grams of sugar;
• six tablespoons of powdered sugar;
• teaspoon baking powder;
• bag of vanillin (optional).
First you need to beat the eggs. There is no need to divide them into whites and yolks. Set the mixer at low speed, increasing the speed every 2 minutes.
Next five minutes add sugar, without stopping the beating, and work with the egg-sugar mass from 7 to 10 minutes. You should get an elastic, tight, dense-looking base of soft cream color. The resulting volume is three times the initial.
Sift flour through a sieve, pre-mixed with baking powder and starch.
Carefully pour the flour into the eggs, stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula in a circular motion from top to bottom. The main thing - do not damage the air structure of the egg foam. The base should remain thick and lush.
Lay parchment paper on the bottom of the mold. If you use foil, it should be lightly oiled.
Pour the dough into a mold and bake the cake.
Leave the sponge cake under the woven napkin in the mold until it cools down.
While the cake is getting cold, make curd cream. To do this, wipe the curd through a fine metal sieve.
Beat cream, pour vanillin and icing sugar into them. Beat with a mixer until the mass thickens.
Combine cottage cheese and cream, stirring until smooth.
Cold biscuit cut into two or three parts (depending on the height of the cake).
The amount of cream divided into about three parts (if you get three Korzh).
Lower the cake with a cream and cottage cheese cream.
Put a layer of berries, cover with the second cake plate.
Top decorate the cake with berries. Leave to soak cakes for 1.5-2 hours.
Strawberry in White Chocolate Berry Cake
A very beautiful and tasty berry cake, successfully cooked, will be a real decoration of any party. To create a masterpiece of culinary art, you have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, but the result is worth it.
• soft butter (230 grams in dough and 250 grams in cream);
• seven eggs (four for the test and three proteins for the cream);
• a pound of white sugar 200 grams for cream and 300 grams for dough);
• white flour (380 grams);
• drinking yoghurt (200 ml);
• bag of vanilla;
• lemon peel;
• a teaspoon of soda or baking powder;
• two white chocolate bars (100 grams);
• Strawberry jam;
• three hundred grams of strawberries;
• two hundred grams of raspberry;
• one hundred grams of currant (preferably red).
Immediately put the oven to warm up.
Remove from lemon zest.
Butter for the cake to soften.
Pour the sugar into the melted butter and beat with a mixer.
Add one egg and a spoonful of flour, without stopping to beat. Flour at this stage will not all.
At the end of mixing, add the zest and vanilla.
In the remaining flour pour baking powder or soda, sift.
Pour all the flour into butter whipped with eggs and pour in yogurt.
Knead homogeneous dough.
In the prepared form pour half the dough and bake.
Bake the second cake.
Cook the cream. Place four proteins in a water bath and beat until the mass warms up to 60 ° (if there is no special thermometer, focus on the sensitivity of the hands).
Remove squirrels from the heat and beat for another 3-4 minutes until steady peaks appear.
Spread the bottom cake first with jam, then cream, cover with the second cake.
Coat the second cake and the sides of the cake with the remnants of the cream.
Grate chocolate and sprinkle cake on top and sides.
Decorate with berries, cover the remains of chocolate chips on top of the berry layer.
Berry cake with tender meringues
Fans of meringue should definitely try this variant of the berry cake made from shortcrust pastry. Delicate crispy strips of dried proteins in combination with the berry layer - an amazingly tasty delicacy. Ingredients:
• two glasses of white flour;
• three eggs;
• two tablespoons of sugar in the dough, a glass of sugar in the filling;
• two hundred grams of butter;
• a little jam or jam to taste;
• a pound of fresh berries.
Split eggs into whites and yolks. Proteins immediately put in the fridge.
Whip soft butter and sugar well.
Continuing beating, add yolks.
Then add the flour rate and knead the dough. It should be soft.
Send the dough in a plastic bag or film in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Put the cold dough into the form, flatten your hands, make ribs, and pierce the entire surface with a fork.
Bake in a well heated oven for about ten minutes at 200 °.
Smear the cake with a layer of jam.
Put on top of your favorite berries.
Cold whites whip with sugar until dense, elastic mass.
Put squirrels on top of the berries.
Bake in the oven until the meringue is browned for half an hour.
Berry cake creamy jelly
In the hot summer light jelly cake with berries will lift your spirits and will not spoil your digestion. From the minimum of the product you can make a wonderful treat for the whole family.
• two eggs;
• 40 grams of edible gelatin;
• one hundred grams of finished pancake flour;
• baking powder bag;
• one hundred grams of butter;
• one hundred grams of white sugar;
• bag of vanilla sugar (you can take vanillin);
• three hundred grams of sour cream;
• half a cup of powdered sugar;
• two hundred grams of berry mix;
• red currant for decoration.
From eggs, flour, baking powder, butter, sugar and vanilla replace the dough.
Put in shape and bake in a hot oven.
Dissolve the gelatin by prescription.
Whip sugar with a sour cream mixer so that there are no grains.
Pour gelatin into the sour cream base.
Chilled cake to break into pieces.
Cover the cup with a round bottom with cling film so that the long edges remain, and lay out the berries.
Put the second layer of biscuit pieces.
Pour the future berry cake with cream-gelatin mixture. Wrap the edges of the film up.
Send in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
Film unfold, overturn the cake on a dish and serve.
Berry Cake Without Baking
For those who appreciate speed, created a “lazy” version of the cake. The furnace is not necessary. It turns out pretty tasty.
• two glasses of chocolate or honey peas for a quick breakfast;
• two hundred and fifty grams of mascarpone soft cheese;
• two tablespoons of butter;
• one and a half glasses of strawberry;
• three hundred grams of strawberry yogurt;
• five tablespoons of powdered sugar (or white sugar);
• two teaspoons of gelatin;
• one third cup of milk;
• bag of jelly for the cake;
• some berries for decoration.
Gelatin powder is poured with milk for swelling.
Melt the butter.
Combine crispy balls, butter and two tablespoons of powdered sugar, mix.
To lay the bottom of the form with removable sides baking paper.
Lay out the base of the cake.
Spread out washed, dried strawberries.
Mixer to beat soft cheese with yogurt and the remaining sugar.
Melt the gelatin, pour into the mass.
Cream pour balls with berries.
Refrigerate for three hours.
Garnish with berries.
Dissolve the gelatin for the cake and pour the top with the berries.
Chocolate-berry cake without flour
Fans of harmony fit this particular version of the berry cake. Not a single gram of flour and wonderful taste is a reward for constant control over sweets.
• six eggs;
• one hundred and thirty grams of butter;
• two hundred thirty grams of granulated sugar;
• two tablespoons of cocoa;
• three hundred grams of black chocolate (65-70% cocoa);
• a pinch of salt;
• two tablespoons of vegetable oil (for the form);
• fresh berries in any combination (about half a kilo);
• four hundred milliliters of cream for beating or greasy sour cream;
• half a lemon.
Turn the oven on 180 °.
Grease the shape of a piece of butter.
Melt the chocolate broken into pieces in a water bath.
Two eggs smash into a bowl. Separate the remaining eggs, pour the whites into separate dishes, and send the yolks to the first two eggs.
Beat whites with a pinch of salt, then with 130 grams of sugar. The mass should get a thick consistency, and sugar - dissolve.
Add cocoa to the yolks, mix.
In liquid chocolate pour eggs with yolks, stirring actively.
Portions put whipped whites, mix gently.
Pour into shape, smooth out.
Bake for about forty minutes.
Allow to cool without removing from the mold.
Remove the zest from the lemon half, squeeze out the juice.
Prepare the cream, whipping cream with sugar, juice and zest to density.
Grease the cake with cream, decorate with berries and let it brew to the refrigerator.
Berry Cake - Tricks and Tips
The main difficulty is the preparation of sponge cake. To make it successful, you need to follow these rules:
• use warm eggs, taking them out of the cold in advance;
• do not lubricate the sides of the form with oil, otherwise the rising mass will not “cling” to anything and the cake will fall off;
• pouring the dough into the form, you need to scroll it several times in a clockwise direction so that the funnel appears in the center. In this case, there will be no “hump” on the cake;
• the oven door cannot be opened during the process and cannot be immediately after baking (the biscuit will fall off);
• when the cake is baked, you need to slightly open the oven and leave it to “breathe” for 15 minutes.