Delicious, rich and transparent meat broth - this is half the successful soup. And the secret of the tasty broth is simple - the meat should be put in cold water and cook almost until ready, with a very, very weak boil, in other words - to simmer.
If you are cooking soup in a slow cooker, then for cooking broth you need to choose exactly the mode in which it will languish, while in different models of slow cookers the mode may be called differently.
After the broth is ready, vegetables are laid, and canned beans are already finished product and we add it just before the end of cooking.
- beef stew - 1 kg;
- carrot - 1 piece;
- canned beans - 1 can;
- bulb onion - 1 piece;
- potatoes - 5 pieces;
- salt, spices - to taste.
Cooking time: 1 hour; Servings: 7.
1. First you need to prepare the ingredients: the beef bone must be thoroughly rinsed under running water. If it is frozen, then pre-defrost. With onions remove the husk.
2. Peel carrots and cut into slices. If the carrot is too thick, you can cut it into semi-circles.
3. Wash the potatoes, peel them, and then cut them into medium-sized bars or cubes.
4. Before preparing vegetables, place the beef bone in a slow cooker, fill it with water and turn on the “Soup” mode for 3 hours. When the water boils, put there a whole head of onion, salt water. When the meat is almost ready, throw sliced potatoes and carrots into the broth, and add your favorite spices.
5. Open a can of canned beans. The larger and safer it will be, the tastier the soup will be.
6. When all the ingredients are ready, pour the beans into the broth, let them boil for a couple more minutes and remove from the fire. Pour the soup into plates and serve hot.