In our country, recently there are more and more fans of Japanese cuisine. Many dishes, tasted in a specialized restaurant, the hostess trying to cook at home, and most often successfully. Particular attention in the preparation of Japanese cuisine at home should be paid to sauces. After all, without them, traditional Japanese dishes will not have their own taste. Spicy sauce is one of the most common seasonings in Japan. In fact, it is not even one particular sauce, but a group of sauces, united by a common name. They all have a rather delicate texture, but the taste is piquant, sometimes even truly “fiery.” Sushi and rolls are often served with softer spicy sauce, with meat - more spicy.
There are many recipes for spicy sauce. You can choose any, it is only important to know some secrets of its preparation.
- Spicy sauce often contains specific ingredients specific to Japanese cuisine. Most of them in major cities will not be difficult to get - they are sold in specialized departments of almost all supermarkets. But the inhabitants of the provinces to get them more difficult - for them you need to go to a larger settlement or order via the Internet. But in fact, it is not necessary to do this: most of these products can be replaced with domestic counterparts, and the taste of the sauce will not be significantly affected by this. For example, kimchi sauce can be replaced with any other spicy sauce, it is only important that it be very hot, and the Japanese mayonnaise cypy can be replaced with the usual high-calorie mayonnaise. Instead of caviar of flying fish, you can add pollock roe to the sauce - not every gourmet will replace the difference.
- Often hot pepper is included in the spicy sauce. It is best to take fresh chilli, grinding it yourself. However, you need to remember that you need to handle hot peppers with gloves, otherwise you can get burned.
- In Japan, spicy sauce is most often prepared with the addition of soy sauce. It can be included in the composition, even if it is not listed in the recipe, partially or completely replacing it with water or salt. The main thing is to remember that soy sauce is salty and you need to add it in moderation.
After cooking, you need to wait for the sauce to cool and infuse - this rule applies regardless of the recipe chosen.
Spicy Meat Sauce
- water - 80 ml;
- apple cider vinegar (6 percent) - 180 ml;
- chili pepper - 2 pcs .;
- lime - 1 pc .;
- sesame oil - 20 ml;
- soy sauce - 15 ml;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- onions - 25 g;
- cane sugar - 15 g;
- Worcestershire sauce - 10 ml;
- ground cumin - a pinch.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the pepper. Mix sesame oil with a small amount of salt or soy sauce. Grease them well peppers, pre-dried them with a napkin. Sesame oil can be replaced by olive or other type of vegetable oil.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Lay parchment on a baking sheet, put peppers on it. Bake the pan in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove peppers and cool. Remove the skin from them, remove the seeds from them. Cut the flesh into small pieces.
- Peel the onions and cut a piece of the desired size. Put it in the blender bowl. There also send pieces of pepper and garlic cloves.
- Grind the specified ingredients to a slurry.
- On a small skillet, pour in the oil and put a sharp paste of vegetables in it. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In one container, mix soy sauce, vinegar and water, in the other - squeezed lime juice, sugar, Worcester sauce and ground cumin.
- First add vinegar to the pan. After 3 minutes, add a mixture of lime juice with sugar and seasonings.
- Mix everything well and then 5 minutes under the lid.
- Cool and whisk with a blender so that the sauce has a uniform consistency.
After that, the sauce can be poured into clean glass containers and allowed to cool. If the jars are sterilized and hermetically sealed, then this sauce can be stored even at room temperature. Due to the high content of natural preservatives, the shelf life of spicy sauce prepared according to the specified recipe is very large - it will not disappear within 2 years.
Spicy Sauce to Rolls and Sushi
- Japanese mayonnaise - 30 g;
- soy sauce - 35 ml;
- olive oil - 15 ml;
- chili pepper - 3 pcs .;
- flying fish roe - 45g.
Method of preparation:
- Wash, dry the peppers with napkins and place them on a baking tray covered with parchment. Send for 15 minutes in a preheated 200 degree oven.
- Cool the baked peppers, clean the charred skin. Be sure to remove the seeds.
- Chop the flesh of pepper in a blender, mixed with olive oil.
- Mix mayonnaise with soy sauce.
- Combine all ingredients except flying fish roe. Whisk with a whisk so that the sauce has a uniform consistency.
- Add flying fish roe and mix the sauce with a blender or mixer.
Do not be confused by the fact that the sauce turned out a bit - it is not so soft in taste that it can be eaten with spoons. The resulting sauce is enough to feed rolls with spicy sauce company of 4-6 people.
Spicy sauce for fish and seafood
- soy mayonnaise (can be replaced with the usual one) - 80 ml;
- pollock roe - 65 g;
- spicy tomato sauce - 10 ml;
- chili pepper - 1 pc .;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 5 ml;
- black and white ground pepper, salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the pepper. Remove seeds from it. Pulp chop a blender to a paste.
- Mix the pepper mass with the mayonnaise.
- Add vinegar, a pinch of white and black pepper, salt, and tomato sauce.
- Beat with a whisk or a mixer.
- Enter the pollock spawn, whisk again.
This sauce recipe is the most common, so many people think of it as a classic. It is ideal for fish and seafood, but it can also be served to rolls, vegetables, rice. That is, this sauce is almost universal.
Spicy sauce should not be eaten by children, pregnant women, the elderly, as well as those who suffer from hypertension, ulcers of the gastrointestinal tract.