Melons are very tasty and fragrant, but in the jam, unfortunately, their amazing smell is not preserved. In addition, the fruits have a lot of water and it is difficult to reduce melon jam to a thick state. However, all this does not mean that the melon is not suitable for canning - after all, in the end, the jam does not have to be thick, and you can add any flavor to it, for example, lemon or vanilla.
Today we offer you the easiest recipe for melon jam, for which the fruit is boiled in its own juice with sugar.
- melon (large) - 1 pc .;
- sugar - 100 g .;
Melon jam for the winter: cooking recipe
1. Prepare the necessary ingredients.
2. We wash the melon well and cut it in half. Peel one half and cut the flesh into large cubes of about 1x2 cm.
3. Place the sliced pieces into a deep container.
4. Sprinkle the pulp evenly with sugar and give melon to put the juice (a few hours).
5. We pour melon pulp with sugar into the enamelled container, add water so that the pieces are completely covered. We bring the mass to a boil and cook over a small fire for another hour and a half.
6. The finished jam should be uniform, slightly viscous and in color should resemble May honey. Sterilize the jars and pour our melon jam into it. Tightly roll up the lid and overturn. Later they can be removed in the refrigerator or basement. It is advisable to eat this melon jam in half a year.