Prepare for lunch a hearty and tasty soup with millet and egg. By the way, it is perfect for the children's table. There are no special nuances in cooking - broth, vegetables, zazharka, serve. Do not overdo it with millet, otherwise the next day, insisting, your soup will turn into porridge. Egg should be cooked, cut lengthwise and put in a plate before serving, you can also decorate the soup and fresh greens.
List of ingredients:
- chicken for broth (250 g),
- 3 tbsp. l millet,
- 1 chicken egg,
- 3-4 potatoes,
- 1 carrots,
- 1-2 bay leaves,
- 1 onion,
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme,
- several peas of black and allspice,
- 1, 5 tsp. salt,
- 1 tbsp. l frying oils,
- fresh greens,
- spices to taste,
- 2 liters of water.
1. First you need to cook fragrant rich broth. To do this, take any parts of the chicken, add spices and herbs, dried herbs. The recipe uses bay leaf, dried thyme, allspice peas. Also put the peeled onion in the pan. Add about 2 liters of water and set aside. After boiling the water, reduce the heat and boil, tightly closing the pan with a lid.
2. Potatoes need to be cleaned and washed, remove the “eyes”. Cut vegetables into cubes or straws. After half an hour of boiling broth, you can shift the potatoes to the pan.
3. Behind the potatoes, pour the millet into the pan, stir.
4. Carrots can be fried or put in a raw pan. Of course, before that you need to wash it and grate it on a coarse grater (finely chop). At the same stage, remove thyme sprigs, onions, and chicken from the pan. Thyme and onions can be thrown away, but the chicken meat is separated from the bones and sent back to the pan.
5. Boil the soup with millet and egg in chicken broth until the potatoes and millet are ready. For 10 minutes until cooked, add salt and optional spices. Boil an egg and slice along the ovals. Before serving, add a couple of fresh chopped greens and a slice of egg to each plate.