There are recipes that are classic, according to which dishes are prepared by generations, without departing a single step from the plan. But it is worth only slightly change the list of products or the sequence of layers in the salad - and voila! It turns out a new dish. So it turned out a layered salad with a sardine a la Mimosa, which largely intersects with the famous salad, but still has its differences. Instead of boiled rice, potatoes are used here, there is no butter at all, and a layer of boiled eggs precedes a layer of carrots.
List of ingredients:
- 2-3 potatoes,
- 1 can of sardine,
- 1 onion,
- 0, 5 tsp. sugar,
- 1 tsp. table 9% vinegar,
- 2 chicken eggs,
- 1 carrot,
- 70 g of hard cheese,
- 70 ml of mayonnaise.
1. Potatoes, carrots need to be cooked until soft in one pot, eggs hard-boiled in another pot. Then all you need to cool in cold water and clean. Now rub the potatoes on a coarse grater and put in a deep salad bowl, lightly tamp and grease with mayonnaise.
2. Onions need to be cleaned and cut into small cubes. That he did not taste bitter, it is advisable to marinate in sugar and vinegar, or simply scald with boiling water. Use the can key to open the can of sardine and drain the pickle. Mash the fish with a fork and lay them on top of the potatoes. Put marinated onion on sardine and lightly blot with mayonnaise.
3. Next, grate carrots on a coarse or fine grater, then lay them on a layer of fish and onions. Smooth the carrots and make a mayonnaise net.
4. Remove the yolk from one boiled egg, rub the rest on a fine or coarse grater, put on a layer of carrots, lightly tamp and smear with mayonnaise.
5. Grind hard cheese of any kind on a fine grater, make the final layer, do not crush it and do not make mayonnaise net. In the center of the salad, place the yolk, complete the decoration with sprigs of fresh parsley. You can let the salad stand for half an hour before serving. Layered salad with sardines a la Mimosa has an appetizing and festive look, so it is quite possible to cook it on the occasion of a celebration.