Spicy soups have a special, savory taste and have a warming effect. They are the best suited for the winter diet.
But oddly enough, big fans of spicy soups are residents of southern countries. The diet of the Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai and other Asian nations cannot be imagined without savory first courses.
There is an opinion that they help to maintain a fit figure, prevent obesity, stand guard over health and longevity.
Indulge in spicy soup?
Spicy Soup - General Cooking Principles
Like any first course, spicy soup can be cooked in broth or water. The most commonly used meat, fish, chicken broth, ennobling dish and make it more satisfying. If a vegetarian spicy soup is prepared, then special emphasis should be placed on spices so that the dish does not turn out empty and tasteless. You can also pre-cook the vegetable broth from onions, carrots, fragrant roots and use it instead of water.
What can be added to spicy soups:
• ready sauces;
Well, for giving spice most often used chilli pepper. So that it is evenly distributed in the dish, it is finely chopped or ground into mush. Then put in broth or pre-stew with vegetables in a pan. Spicy soups are dressed with greens, various spices, lemon juice.
Recipe 1: Spicy Kharcho Soup with Tkemali Sauce
A simplified recipe for a warming, spicy soup with ready-made tkemali sauce. Cooked on lamb, but you can also use beef. Eat kharcho preferably fresh, the soup is not reheated again. The number of products for 4 servings.
• 500 grams of lamb; • glass of tkemali;
• 4 bulbs;
• 50 grams of rice;
• hot peppers;
• some oil;
• 70 grams of tomato paste.
1. Wash the lamb, cut into slices and pour 2.5 liters of water. Cooking broth. Do not forget to remove the foam when boiling.
2. Wash the rice until the water is transparent, run into the soup.
3. Cut the onion into cubes and send it after the rice. Cook the products until soft.
4. Heat in a frying pan a little small, add finely chopped hot peppers, fry for a minute. Then pour tkemali, add pasta and simmer all together for another 10 minutes.
5. Salt the soup, put the contents of the pan into the pan, let it simmer for a couple more minutes.
6. Refuel with greens, put a bay leaf and turn it off. Give the spicy soup to brew for half an hour and you can take a sample.
Recipe 2: Spicy noodle soup with minced
Recipe for a quick spicy tomato-flavored soup. Instead of meat, any stuffing is used, which saves a lot of time. Noodles use any, and instead you can take small vermicelli. But in this case it is necessary to reduce the cooking time of pasta.
• 300 grams of minced meat;
• 300 grams of salted tomatoes;
• chili pepper pod;
• garlic head;
• 180 grams of noodles;
• a piece of ginger;
• one carrot;
• Bulgarian pepper.
1. Cut the onion, fry for a minute in oil. Add grated carrots, paprika, chopped chilli pod and cook another 3 minutes.
2. With salted tomatoes, remove the skin, grind and send to the pan to the vegetables, simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Clean the ginger, finely cut, mix with minced meat and pour two liters of water, you can pour less if you want to get a thicker dish. Put on the stove, boil for 10 minutes.
4. Spread noodles, give boil. We salt.
5. Add cooked vegetables from the pan, boil it all together for 5 minutes, then throw the bay leaf and turn it off. 6. Before serving, spicy soup is sprinkled with greens.
Recipe 3: Thai spicy soup with shrimp
To make this dish, you will need Thai “tom yam” pasta, which consists of chili pepper, ginger and spices. Also for the spicy soup will need any broth, you can take fish, chicken or meat. Shrimp is desirable to use raw.
• 800 grams of broth;
• 200 grams of shrimp;
• 1 pickled cucumber;
• 150 grams of champignons;
• spoon of pasta tom yam;
• celery stalk;
• salt, cilantro.
1. Put the broth on the stove, bring to a boil. Cut the celery and carrot into pieces, throw in the pan.
2. Finely chop the onion, fry in oil. Then add spicy pasta tom yam, warm up and put everything in the soup.
3. We cut the champignons with plates, send them to the saucepan with the soup. Boil two minutes.
4. Add the salted cucumber, cut in small cubes, and boil it all together for 5 minutes. We taste it. If salt is not enough, then add.
5. Now you need to put the shrimp. Thais use unpeeled seafood. It is believed that the shell when cooking gives the dish a special taste and aroma. But if desired, shrimp can be cleaned, leaving a tail. We send seafood to the soup.
6. Now with our hands we tear the cilantro (you can use ordinary parsley instead) and send it to the pan, immediately turn it off. Spicy Thai soup ready!
Recipe 4: Spicy Tomato and Bean Soup
Ideally, boiled beans are used for this spicy soup. But to speed up and simplify the process of cooking, you can take a canned product. Suitable beans in tomato or in their own juice, white or red.
• 2 chili peppers;
• can of beans (380-400 grams);
• 15 grams of flour;
• 3 spoons of butter;
• 2 bulbs;
• 500 grams of tomatoes;
• liter of any broth. Cooking
1. We drop the tomatoes for a minute in boiling water, then cool them in cold water and remove the peel. Turn the blender into a puree together with chilli pods, you can skip everything through a meat grinder or simply chop finely.
2. We clean the onions, cut them into cubes, fry in a cauldron. Add the cooked mashed tomatoes. Simmer together for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the broth, leaving 100 grams for flour cultivation. Bring soup to a boil. We salt.
4. Spread the beans, if it is in tomato sauce, then nothing needs to be done. If the beans in their own juice, it is desirable to wash them from the slimy marinade, placing in a colander.
5. Dilute the flour with the remaining broth and inject in a thin stream into the boiling soup, stir, boil for a moment.
6. Put the chopped parsley and turn it off.
Recipe 5: Spicy soup with chicken and eggs
This dish is better to cook with chicken skin, so that the broth turned out to be more fat and rich. You will also need chicken eggs, which you can add to the ready-made soup already boiled, but we will fill in fresh.
• 0.5 kg chicken;
• 2 potatoes;
• 0.5 tsp red pepper;
• 4 eggs;
• greens, salt;
1. Fill the washed chicken with water, boil the broth until the meat is ready, about 40-50 minutes. Then take out the pieces, release them from the bones and throw them into the pan again.
2. Cut the peeled potatoes into strips, send them to the pan. We salt.
3. Shred finely onion, fry in oil, add grated carrots.
4. Once the potatoes are cooked, put the fried vegetables into the pan.
5. Break eggs into a bowl, put red pepper, mix well. Can be whipped with a fork or whisk.
6. Pour the eggs into the pan in a thin stream, stir vigorously.
7. Add greens, bay leaf and immediately turn off. Before serving, let the dish stand for 15 minutes under the lid.
Recipe 6: Spicy Meatball Soup
Another variant of spicy soup, this time with the addition of potatoes. The dish is fragrant, nourishing, warming. Great for the cold season. Stuffing can take any, but better mixed from several types of meat.
• 300 grams of minced meat;
• 50 grams of rice;
• 5 potatoes;
• one onion;
• hot pepper pod;
• garlic clove;
• one carrot.
1. Boil rice almost until cooked, drain water, grind the croup slightly and mix with minced meat. Add chopped clove of garlic, salt and knead the mass.
2. Put the saucepan on the stove, pour 2 liters of water or broth, let it boil.
3. Cut cubed peeled potatoes, throw in the pot, cook until half cooked.
4. We form meatballs, the size of a quail egg, fry on both sides in a pan until golden brown. Steaming is not necessary, they will reach readiness in the soup.
5. We send meatballs to potatoes. Soup salt.
6. Cut the onion, fry in the pan after the meatballs. Add finely chopped hot pepper pod.
7. Put the contents of the pan in the soup, boil for 2 minutes. We try the salt dish, if necessary, add more spices.
8. We cut any fresh greens, fill the soup, at the end throw the bay leaf and turn it off.
Recipe 7: Spicy Lentil Soup
For this spicy soup it is better to use red lentils, with it the dish turns out beautiful, bright. And lemon gives a special aroma and savory taste. The soup is prepared without potatoes, but you can add it if you wish.
• 300 grams of chicken;
• 150 grams of lentils;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• chilli pod.
1. We wash the chicken, pour 1.5 liters of water, cook the broth almost to readiness.
2. Put the washed lentils, boil until soft. At the end you can salt the soup.
3. Heat the oil in the pan, fry the onion cut into small cubes. Add grated carrots and stew vegetables on low heat until soft. 4. We shift the roasted vegetables in the soup, give to boil, refuel with chopped greens and turn off.
5. Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
6. Cut garlic and hot chili pepper, put it in a mortar. Add a pinch of salt, lemon juice and rub well.
7. Spill the hot soup in plates, put in each spoonful of fragrant masses of garlic and pepper and can be served on the table.
Spicy Soup - Tips and Tricks
• To make the soup transparent, do not allow intense boiling. It is better to cook the dish on low heat, under the lid. When laying each ingredient fire added, give the soup to boil quickly and again put on the minimum mode.
• Is tomato paste over? Instead, you can add pureed tomatoes (fresh, barrel, canned), ready ketchup, frozen and even dried vegetables. You can use tomato juice, but you must first boil it or shorten a portion of the broth.
• Pepper is the constant ingredient of spicy soups. If a suitable pod was not found, it can always be replaced with red pepper, Georgian adjika or Thai sauce.
• Spicy pasta is often added to spicy soups. So that they do not grow limp and do not spoil the first dish, the cooking time should be cut in half. In the process of infusing soup pasta will reach readiness.