A coffee machine is a great purchase. It allows you to quickly and easily get a drink with great taste. Only not for the true connoisseurs of coffee. They know that it needs to be cooked on the stove and certainly by all the rules.
Such a different taste of coffee
There are many different types of coffee, but most often in our stores you can find Arabica and Robusta. They, in turn, are also divided into varieties and subspecies. That is why the mark "Arabica" can stand on packs of products with a completely different taste. One drink has more bitterness, another has less pronounced aroma or has a sour taste. Determine the “one” can only by trial and comparison.
What else does the taste of coffee depend on:
- the degree of roasting of grain;
- grade or combination thereof using a mixture;
- grinding or size of grains;
- storage conditions.
But one of the important factors is the way of cooking. Below you can find the most popular and correct recipes with different additives.
How to choose the right coffee for brewing
- We buy whole grains. It is better to grind them at home by yourself. This will prevent impurities from entering the cup. Manufacturers like to add roasted grains of oats and other grains to ground coffee. There is nothing wrong with them, but there’s no place in coffee.
- See the date of roasting. The closer it is to today, the more flavor and taste will remain in the coffee and turn into a drink. The houses do not fry grain on their own.
- Packaging with degassing valve. Few people know that after roasting coffee emits carbon dioxide. If the packaging is without a valve, the grains are roasted and lay on the air to remove gases, which is unacceptable.
- Opaque packaging. Light is also harmful for coffee beans, as is air. We choose packaging from an opaque material, now most often use bags with a reliable and convenient “zip” latch.
Rules for brewing coffee
- The transfer of acids and minerals from grains to water is called extraction. The first go acid, and then minerals. If the grinding is too coarse, only acids will come out, this will affect the taste. If grind finely, we get a bitter coffee. Therefore, it is important to find your golden mean.
- Grind coffee beans preferably immediately before cooking. This can be done manually or with an electric grinder.
- Coffee cannot be boiled and even boiled. Strong heat contributes to the destruction of aromatic substances.
- The taste of the drink also strongly depends on the quality of the water. By the way, the liquid level should not reach the narrowed neck of the Turks.
- It is advisable to use a Turk for making coffee. Due to the narrow neck, the drink does not come into contact with air, it retains all the essential oils and aroma.
- As soon as the foam starts to rise, you need to remove the coffee from the fire. Then repeat again, and you can twice, not allowing to boil. Foam can be left or removed.
Turkish Turkish Coffee
It is this recipe that is often called classical or Turkish, which is certainly cooked on the stove and according to all the rules. A variant with sugar, but only one teaspoon is added. If this is not enough, you can always bring the finished drink to the desired taste. The strength of the drink can be adjusted by adding more or less coffee.
- 1 tsp. coffee;
- 1 tsp. Sahara;
- 100 ml of water.
- Take a clean and dry Turk. We put on the stove, heat it up, only after that we fall asleep a full spoonful of coffee and a slightly incomplete teaspoon of granulated sugar.
- Add water immediately and send it to the stove. We warm the coffee, we are not going anywhere, we are watching. Bring almost to a boil.
- Quickly remove the Turk from the fire. You can remove the foam or just stir the drink for a few seconds.
- Re-put the coffee on the stove and heat it almost to the boil. As soon as the foam starts to rise, we remove. At will we repeat once more, the drink will be stronger.
- Remove the Turk from the fire, knock the bottom on the table, pour in a spoonful of cold water. Grains quickly settle. Then pour the coffee into the cup, try to leave most of the thick at the bottom of the Turks.
It is not customary to drink coffee right away, since there is still quite a lot of thick in it. It is advisable to leave it for a few minutes.
Boiled coffee with caramel flavor
The drink according to this recipe turns out to be very fragrant, it will delight the caramel flavor. For him, we need more sugar, and also need hot water, but not boiling water. Just put the kettle and preheat.
- 3 tsp. Sahara;
- 1.5 tsp. ground coffee;
- hot water.
- Be sure to warm up the Turk. Then measure the sugar, pour out. The fire is doing a little. We put the Turk with sugar on the hotplate, slowly heat it up. The sand should melt and darken to a caramel color. We follow, do not let the sugar burn.
- Add coffee and hot water to a level 2/3 of the height of the Turks.
- Now you can do a little more fire. Heat up, continue to follow.
- We bring the drink almost to a boil, set aside on the next burner, stir.
- After a minute, put the Turk on the hotplate again and bring it to the boil again. Then we remove from the heat, let the leaves sink, pour the drink into the coffee cup.
This coffee will be even tastier if you add cinnamon with water. Enough a small piece of sticks. Powder is undesirable. Also, there are recipes with ginger, cardamom, you can try these options.
Coffee with milk
Another of the most popular options for making boiled coffee on the stove. The drink will please with a mild taste, as well as a careful attitude to the stomach.
- 2 tsp. ground coffee;
- 150 ml of milk;
- 2 tsp. Sahara.
- Mix sugar with coffee and immediately pour milk. We put the Turk on the stove. Heat over medium heat.
- As soon as bubbles appear, the boiling point is approaching, the Turk is removed from the heat, the beverage is stirred.
- Put the coffee on the stove again, heat it. As soon as the foam appears and it starts to rise, the drink is ready! Letting it stand for a couple of minutes for the thick to sink, then pour it into cups.
For making coffee with milk, use large turks with an expanded neck, as these ingredients together give more foam.