Eggplant with tomatoes and cheese is a real summer dish, because these appetizing vegetables at an affordable price appear only at the beginning of summer. The most common dishes made from eggplants are caviar or just fried circles in oil, smeared with mayonnaise (sour cream) and garlic before serving. But you can somewhat modify the second option, make the dish more original and even festive.
List of ingredients:
- 1 large eggplant,
- 2 tomatoes,
- 100 g cheese,
- 70 sour cream,
- 4 cloves of garlic,
- 1 tsp. salt,
- 8-10 sprigs of green.
1. Eggplant needs to be washed and cut at the edges. Then cut it into thin circles. On the surface there should be no damage and stains. It is advisable to use a young vegetable. Soak the circles in salted water for 20 minutes to get rid of the bitterness.
2. Wash the tomatoes and also cut them into thin slices.
3. Pour cooking oil on a preheated frying pan and fry the eggplant circles on both sides for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, do not forget to salt.
4. Pour sour cream in the bowl, squeeze out a few peeled garlic cloves. It is better to take a special press, but you can also chop the garlic. Stir sour cream with garlic gruel, and you can add spices as well.
5. Smear each circle of fried eggplant with sour cream, but only after they have cooled slightly.
6. On each circle of eggplant, place a circle of tomato. At will tomatoes can be salted.
7. Rub cheese on a fine grater, add a few sprigs of greens. Greens can be chopped as desired.
8. Sprinkle the eggplant and tomato composition with grated cheese and garnish with a sprig of greens. Now, a plate with a snack can be sent for a couple of minutes in a microwave or in an oven heated to 180 degrees for 3-4 minutes (to melt the cheese).
9. Eggplant with tomatoes and cheese are ready! This very tasty and flavorful snack can be a separate dish or an addition to meat, fish or salad.