Entrecote is a small piece of meat, about the size of a palm, having a portion of the rib bone on the edge. If translated from French, it will mean “meat between the ribs”.
Cooking entrekta mainly consists of marinating and heat treatment, which in turn depend on the type and age of the meat.
The classic version is fresh beef entrecote. But even if you take any other kind of meat and at the same time prepare it correctly, the result will be positive and the entrecote will surely please with its juicy and rich taste.
Entrecote in the oven - general principles of cooking
To prepare, choose a fresh cut. To prevent meat from turning tough, cut it against fibers. The thickness of the entrecote should be 1.5-2 cm, so if you get a piece of greater thickness, you need to cut it into pieces.
Meat must be washed and dried with paper towels. Then you need to let it dry completely, otherwise the entrecote will not acquire a ruddy crust.
To make the meat tasty and juicy, it must be properly marinated. Suitable for marinade: white wine, vinegar, honey, mustard, soy sauce, lemon juice. You can also spice up the meat with garlic, spicy tomato paste and greens.
Marinate the meat should be at least two hours, previously covered with a bag or cling film.
Before you bake the entrecote in the oven, it is advisable to fry it on both sides in a frying pan with butter until rosy color.
Antrikot cooked in the oven can be served with boiled or grilled vegetables. Also as a side dish will suit anyone who likes porridge, boiled rice or potatoes.
Entrecote in the oven - a classic recipe
• 280 g beef slice entrecote;
• a couple of garlic cloves;
• seasoning hops-suneli;
• vegetable oil or pork fat.
1. Rinse the meat for an hour before cooking, so that it dried up well. Then repel it lightly. Smear meat with pepper and salt. Fry in a pan with vegetable oil on both sides until golden brown. 2. Peel the garlic, rinse and run through the press.
3. Marinate the finished meat with garlic and seasoning hops-suneli.
4. Grease the baking dish and lay out the meat. Pour over the entrecote with oil, on which he grilled before. Cover with foil.
5. Send the baking dish to the oven, preheated to 180 degrees. Bake for 1 hour.
6. 20 minutes before the readiness to remove the foil.
7. Serve the dish with baked potatoes or mashed potatoes. If desired, pour over the entrecote sauce of wine, vinegar, garlic and mustard.
Pork entrecote in the oven
• 450 g pork entrecote;
• 20 g mustard sauce;
• 20 ml of lemon juice;
• 5 ml of soy sauce;
• 7 ml of liquid honey;
• ground black pepper.
1. Wash the pork and air dry.
2. For the sauce mix in a bowl mustard, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
3. Put the meat in a bowl with marinade, mix, pack the bowl in cling film and send marinate in a cool place. The duration of marinating depends on the amount of time allotted for cooking, on average from one and a half to three hours.
4. Spread a cut sheet of foil on a cutting board, put an entrecote on it, pour the marinade sauce and wrap the foil on top of the bag.
5. Put the “bag” with entrecote in a hot oven and bake at 220 ° C for about 25 minutes.
6. Then pull the “bag” out of the oven, gently open it and send it back to the oven for 4-5 minutes. During this time, the top of the meat will finish to a beautiful crust.
7. Serve hot with fresh herbs.
Veal entrecote with onions in the oven
• one veal entrecote;
• vegetable oil;
• two bulbs;
• black pepper peas.
1. The meat of veal needs a delicate pink color with a very small amount of white fat (these characteristics are very important, since marinade is not used in this recipe). If the meat will be with other indicators, then this is either the meat of an old animal, or the meat has been repeatedly thawed and frozen. Such meat has already lost most of the juice and when frying or baking in the main way will have a “rubber” texture. 2. Peel the bulbs and cut them into thin rings.
3. Peas pepper grind into powder. The use of such “live” pepper gives a light, but rich flavor.
4. Correctly selected veal entrecote, slightly beat off, rub with pepper, salt and vegetable oil.
5. Preheat the oven to a temperature of no more than 180 ° C and straighten there entrecote, laid on a baking sheet. Put onion rings on top.
6. Bake for about an hour. Ready meat with a puncture needle or a thin sharp knife will produce a clear juice. If the juice is pink, the cooking time should be increased.
7. Serve with any sauce and herbs.
Lamb entrecote with herbs in the oven
• 450 g entrecote lamb;
• 40 g raw pork fat;
• 40 ml of table white wine;
• 80 g of tomato paste;
• one onion;
• pinch of dried dill;
• two sprigs of fresh green cilantro;
• 50 g pitted olives;
• ground black pepper.
1. Sort greens and onions, rinse and finely chop.
2. For marinade mix in a bowl, mix wine, tomato paste, dried dill, finely chopped cilantro and onion, salt and pepper.
3. Put the washed and dried piece of entrecote in a bowl with marinade mixture, slightly stir and leave in a cool place for the night.
4. Pork fat thinly chopped.
5. Slice olives into rings.
6. Place thin slices of lard on a cooked baking sheet and place the entrecote on it along with the marinade. Put olives on top of the meat.
7. Bake at 180 ° C for about an hour, occasionally pouring out the produced meat juice.
8. Serve immediately after cooking with fresh vegetables.
Entrecote in sweet and sour marinade in the oven
• 450 g beef entrecote
• vegetable oil;
• 50 ml of fresh lemon juice;
• 100 g fresh or freshly frozen cranberries;
• ground pepper;
• 40 g sugar.
1. Sort and wash fresh cranberries, and thaw frozen frozen ones. Then chop the berries in mashed potatoes with tolkushki. 2. Cranberry puree mixed with lemon juice, salt, pepper and sugar. This is a marinade for meat.
3. Meat, washed and rubbed with a kitchen towel, cut into several pieces, depending on the thickness, so that the portioned entrecote is on average 2 cm thick.
4. Lay entrecote in marinade, stir, cover with foil or plastic bag, clean in a cool place for two hours.
5. On a cut piece of foil lay out entrecote pour the marinade and pack the foil on top.
6. Send entrecote in foil in a hot oven for an hour, the oven temperature is 180-190 ° C.
7. 7-10 minutes before the end of baking, open the foil to promote the formation of golden brown.
8. Serve with any light side dish.
Entrecote baked in the oven
• 300 g entrecote veal;
• one raw chicken egg;
• 50 g of wheat flour;
• ground black pepper;
• vegetable oil;
1. Wash, dry, slightly repel entrecote. Make in the meat a few barely noticeable cuts.
2. Whisk the egg until smooth.
3. Sift the flour. Mix flour with salt and pepper.
4. Roll the meat alternately, first in the flour mixture, then in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs.
5. Melt the butter on the heated pan, add the vegetable oil and add the entrecote. Quickly fry the meat on both sides until a crispy crust.
6. Put the entrecote on a baking sheet and put in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until the meat is ready. Periodically during roasting meat turn over.
7. Serve with garnish and vegetable salad.
Pork entrecote with cheese in the oven
• one pork entrecote;
• 30 g of hard cheese (for example, “Russian” or “Dutch”);
• black pepper peas;
• on a sprig of fresh mint and parsley;
• vegetable oil.
1. Chop the cheese with a grater with large holes.
2. Greenery sort, wash and dry on a towel. Then chop finely. 3. Rinse the meat, dry and slightly discourage.
4. Fry the meat in a heated frying pan with butter on both sides until crispy crust.
5. Then lay the meat on a greased baking sheet, sprinkle the entrecote with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with herbs and cheese on top.
6. Put the meat pan in the preheated oven (180-200 ° C) for half an hour.
7. Serve with canned pineapples and onions soaked in vinegar.
Entrecote in the oven - Tricks and tips
• Spices can be used any, but you can not overdo it, otherwise you can spoil the taste of meat.
• Choose pieces of meat of equal size for cooking so that they are equally marinated and cooked at the same time.
• If you use soy sauce for the marinade, then salt should be added carefully, otherwise you can over-salt the dish.
• To make the meat as rich and fragrant as possible, spices are best used in the grains. They must first fry and then grind in a mortar.
• Almost finished entrecote can be sprinkled with grated melted or hard cheese.
• Meat can be cooked in both medium and strong roasting. Therefore, the cooking time may vary at your discretion.
• If desired, entrecote can be cooked even from fish.