Herring pate is an incredibly simple and surprisingly tasty classic snack. Products are used available, except that you can alleviate the task, if you use instead of the whole fish already prepared fillets without stones and skins. If you use a powerful blender, you can get pate with the most homogeneous and very delicate structure. If you let it cool, it will become more dense - it will harden the butter.
- 1/2 salted herring;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 1 small bulb onion;
- 1 small carrot;
- 50 g butter;
- 3 pinches of ground coriander.
1. Prepare the necessary products - namely, cut up the slightly salted herring. It can be salted at home or bought already finished. It will be necessary to remove the ridge, caudal and fin bones, as well as the costal. All other small bones are also desirable to remove, however, if the blender is powerful, you can hope that the blades of the knives will crush them. Boil a chicken egg and cool it, clean and wash carrots and onions. Remove butter from the refrigerator before it is thawed.
2. Cook the carrots until soft - you can do it in advance. In the bowl of the blender, send the onion, cut into small pieces and boiled carrots.
3. Cut the salted herring fillets also into small pieces and send them to the blender bowl.
4. Peel the egg from the shell, cut it into several pieces. Send in a blender bowl instead of with butter. There is no need to salt the pate, but you can add a little ground coriander - the taste of the pate will be brighter.
5. Close the lid of the blender, chop all the ingredients at medium or high speed - depending on the consistency of the pie you want to get. For the most homogeneous grind at high speed 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve ready-made pate immediately - in a bowl or spread on slices of bread. And you can put the pate in a bowl (container) and send it in the fridge so that it is slightly frozen.