In the season of fresh fruits, you need to use every opportunity to include them in the menu not only fresh, but also as an additive to the dishes. They are valuable in vitamins, fiber, mineral salts, large amounts of fructose, organic acids. Some fruits and berries can last for months and weeks, while others, such as apricots, should be consumed in 2-3 days. Cook them compotes, jelly, pies and you can use each berry.
Apricots will make a wonderful sand cake. During baking, pectin, which is found in large quantities in fruits, turns into jelly, and a delicate jam-like filling comes out of fresh berries.
- flour - 3-4 glasses;
- sugar - 1 incomplete glass;
- apricots (large) - 200 g;
- butter or spread - 180 g;
- eggs - 3 pieces;
- baking powder - 1.5 tsp.
1. Prepare the products. Oil should be removed from the refrigerator in order to make it soft.
2. We select a suitable bowl. Stir the butter and sugar until smooth.
3. Introduce the eggs and mix everything again.
4. Add flour. Knead soft dough. It should not strongly stick to hands. If necessary, you can add flour. Put 2/3 of the dough on the bottom of the baking pan and distribute it evenly. It is best to take a form with a diameter of about 20 cm.
5. Cut apricots into two halves, remove the bones.
6. Put the apricots on the dough evenly in one layer.
7. The remaining dough will be rolled out, cut into strips, and we will decorate our cake to your taste.
8. Send the cake to the oven for 30-40 minutes at 180 degrees.
9. Now it should cool down a little.
10. The finished apricot cake can be sprinkled with cocoa or powdered sugar.