What is common in various recipes for the cake "Hedgehog"? Is that only form. Want to please the kid or his peer guests - do not miss our selection.
Cakes turn out to be just a sight for sights, and if you apply your imagination even beyond the suggested tips, you can create a whole family of funny and tasty little animals.
Cake “Hedgehog” - the general principles of cooking
• The basis of the dessert in most cases are homemade sponge cakes. There are recipes that allow you to make such a cake without baking, using cookies or purchased biscuit preparations as a base.
• To form a cake in the form of a hedgehog can be in different ways. Cut a shape from the cake in the form of a drop and lay down in layers, smearing with cream. Mix crushed sponge cake with the remaining cream and additional products, if any. The resulting mass to cover the cake, giving it the look of the animal.
• Often, only a base for a cake is made from a thin sponge cake on which the ground sponge cake mixed with cream is laid. Often, especially in the manufacture of biscuit cakes, mixed with a creamy mass, the crumb is the basis from which the “hedgehog” is molded.
• To make the cake really look like a forest dweller, he needs needles. They are made from cream, placed in a pastry bag or from peeled seeds, inserting the seeds with the tip upwards. Spout and eyes are well obtained from berries, chocolate jelly beans or chocolates.
Recipe “Hedgehog” sponge cake with chocolate cream
• 400 gr. Sahara;
• two bags of the ripper for the test;
• chicken eggs - 12 pcs .;
• 5 gr. vanilla powder;
• wheat flour - 300 gr.
• dark chocolate bar (100 gr.);
• condensed milk, Gostovskogo quality - 1 bank;
• sweet cream butter - 1.5 packs.
• one kiwi fruit;
• 150 gr. canned pineapples;
• large banana;
• two round chocolates with whole hazelnuts.
Preparation: 1. In a deep bowl, pour in six eggs, add 200 grams of sugar and whisk until fluffy white foam. Then add half of the prescription norm of vanilla powder, a bag of ripper and, continuing to beat, enter 150 grams of sifted flour.
2. Lay the bottom and sides of the round shape with parchment, brush it with vegetable oil. Pour the cooked dough into a bowl and place the bake at 180 degrees. In about half an hour, the biscuit will be ready. Remove from mold and allow to cool.
3. In the same way, prepare the second biscuit.
4. While the biscuits cool down, prepare the cream, whipping condensed milk with softened butter.
5. Cut the cooled biscuits longitudinally into two parts and cut out the shape of a “droplet” from each resulting cake. Then fold them with a stack and carefully trim with a sharp knife, and make a small bevel on the pointed side.
6. Cut the remaining pieces into medium-sized cubes and fold into a bowl.
7. Pineapples cut into small pieces, kiwi and bananas - thin ringlets. Do not pour out the syrup remaining from pineapples, it is useful.
8. Put the first cake on a wide dish, soak it in pineapple syrup, spread it with cream. Put the pineapple slices on top and cover with the next cake, which is also soaked and spread. Use bananas as a fruit layer.
9. The third soaked and smeared cream cake peredelite kiwi, and the fourth, just soak.
10. Put in a small bowl a few spoons of cream and mix it with a small portion of melted chocolate that has just cooled down.
11. Mix a little cream with chopped biscuit and stick around the resulting mass of the body of the "hedgehog", and smear the muzzle tinted cream.
12. Mix the rest of the cream with the remaining chocolate and, squeezing it out through a pastry syringe, make needles.
13. From one candy make a spout, and the second carefully cut across and attach the halves in place of the peephole.
Cake “Hedgehog” without baking cookies
• a pound of shortbread;
• 100 gram milk chocolate bar;
• a glass of powdered sugar;
• fatty 30% cream - 2 tbsp .; • half a cup of walnut kernels;
• 3-4 raisins;
• A jar of condensed milk, whole, good quality.
1. Twist the cookies through the meat grinder. Add to the resulting crumb finely chopped nuts, pour in condensed milk, mix everything well.
2. Form a hedgehog from the prepared mass and place it for an hour to freeze in the refrigerator.
3. Break the chocolate into pieces by melting it in a usual water bath and let it cool slowly.
4. Having set the average speed of the mixer, gradually pouring powdered sugar, whip the cream. Mix the cream with half the cooled chocolate and transfer it to the pastry bag.
5. The remaining chocolate, using a cooking brush, cover the “face” of the hedgehog. Make needles from the cream, mouth, eyes and nose - from raisins.
Chocolate cake “Hedgehog”
• six eggs;
• one and a half glasses of sugar;
• half a cup of dry fresh starch;
• wheat flour - 1 tbsp .;
• two spoons of quality cocoa.
• 12 Art. l condensed milk white GOSTOVSKAYA;
• 3 spoons of dark cocoa powder;
• 300 gr. butter, sweet cream.
For the glaze:
• cocoa powder, no sugar admixture - 1 tbsp. l .;
• 30 gr. hardened cream, preferably homemade;
• one and a half tablespoons of sugar;
• sour cream, medium fat - big spoon.
• three tablespoons of uncooked cherry jam;
• 100 gr. peeled dried nuts;
• half a can of condensed milk;
• 2-2.5 dessert spoons of brandy;
• chocolate dragee - 3 pcs.
1. Double the flour with cocoa and starch.
2. Break and divide the eggs: squirrels in one bowl, and yolks in another.
3. Add half the sugar to the yolks and carefully rub it until white.
4. At a low speed mixer, beat the squirrels into a fluffy foam. Then, increasing the momentum, gradually add the rest of the sugar. Whisk in the same way until the protein mass, when tilted, stops flowing from the bowl.
5. Lay out a third of the proteins to the yolks and, without haste, gently mix. Add flour mixture, gently mix it. Then put the remaining protein mass and, slowly, with a folding motion, stir the dough. 6. Place it in a parchment-shaped form, level it on top and put it in the oven for half an hour, setting the heat to 180 degrees.
7. Free the resulting chocolate sponge cake very carefully from the mold and place on the grid until it is completely cooled. To prevent the biscuit from being soaked, it is recommended to wrap it with a towel and hold for at least 8 hours.
8. Prepare the cream. The softened, chopped butter for about a minute, beat with a mixer. Then, without interrupting the process and adding no more than a spoon, enter the condensed milk, and at the end, the steamed cocoa screen.
9. Biscuit rub on a large grater.
10. In a wide bowl lay out half the cream mass. Add the jam and brandy and, gradually pouring the sponge cake with finely chopped nuts, mix well. Then, without ceasing to mix, add a spoon of condensed milk. It may need less, the mass should be thick and only slightly viscous, so that it can be easily sculpted.
11. Put the prepared biscuit mass on a serving platter and mold a hedgehog figurine.
12. Cook the icing. In a thick-walled saucepan, mix cocoa, sour cream, and sugar. Add oil and boil, stirring over low heat until the saccharins disappear.
13. Apply hot icing with a brush to the “muzzle” of the hedgehog. Apply the rest of the cream on the “body” in the form of spines, squeezing it out of the pastry bag. Spout and eyes make pills.
Sponge cake “Hedgehog” with meringue without baking
• two purchased biscuit cakes;
• a pound of white meringue;
• three spoons of cocoa;
• half a cup of sugar;
• five tablespoons of milk;
• half a pack of butter, sweet cream;
• canned condensed milk jar, standard, tin;
• peeled sunflower seeds;
• beet sugar - 0.5 tbsp.
1. Beat the boiled condensed milk with softened butter.
2. From one cake, cut the base of the hedgehog in the shape of a drop and place it on a flat plate. Grease the cake with cream, spread the meringues on top.
3. Mince the remaining meringue into crumb, mix with chopped nuts and the remaining cream. Add in small portions, stir in the crumbled sponge cake.
4. Spread a thick mass on the meringue and shape the hedgehog cake. If she sticks to her hands, moisten them with water. 5. Prepare the icing. Mix cocoa with sugar, add milk and boil with a minimum of heat, but do not boil. Then remove from the stove and stir in the hot icing oil, cool.
6. The glaze brought to room temperature cover the entire cake. Setting the seeds of seeds with the pointed side up, make a hedgehog needle. Picture the eyes and spout out of the dragee. Put the ready cake for two hours in the cold.
Biscuit “Hedgehog” cake with semolina, with sour cream
• four eggs;
• a glass of sugar;
• half a cup of flour;
• semolina - 1 cup;
• half a packet of ripper dough;
• 1 gram of vanilla crystals.
• fat cream, 30% - 400 gr .;
• 100 gr. unrefined sugar;
• thickener cream (for mixing with sour cream).
• a glass of roasted sunflower seeds (peeled);
• three raisins;
1. Shake, slightly beating, eggs and sugar, add semolina and soak for 10 minutes. Pour the flour with the ripper, vanilla, and knead until smooth.
2. Rub the bottom and sides of the round shape with oil and sprinkle with semolina a little. Pour the dough into a mold and bake the cake at 180 degrees until dry. Cool it down.
3. Cut the biscuit lengthwise into two parts. From one cut out the base for the cake in the form of a drop, and from the second cake the blank without the “head” and one and a half centimeters less, in shape - just a circle.
4. Whip sour cream with sugar and thickener. The cream should not be rare, so use only fat sour cream.
5. Lubricate the base with the prepared cream and place on it a round billet, which also process the cream mass.
6. Top with the remaining trim. It is advisable to break them and give the cake in this place the shape of a tubercle.
7. Grease the whole hedgehog with cream well and put the cake in the fridge.
8. When the cream layer thickens a little, make needles from the seeds, inserting them into the cream with a sharp end up. Sprinkle everything except the muzzle with poppy seeds, and make a nose and eyes out of the raisins.
Simple recipe for “Hedgehog” honey cake
• three glasses of high-grade white flour; • four chicken eggs;
• 200 gr. refined sugar;
• honey - two large spoons;
• half a pack of butter;
• two spoons of soda;
• spoonful of food vinegar.
• butter, high-fat oil - 100 gr .;
• 200 gr. sugar refined sugar;
• sour cream, fat content not lower than 30% - 400 gr.
• peeled seeds;
• chocolate dragee for spout and peephole;
• dark cocoa powder.
1. Beat eggs with a mixer with honey and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, stir in the melted butter, brought to room temperature, with flour. Pour the egg mass into the flour mixture, add the hydrated soda, knead.
3. Roll out the dough in a layer of 2 cm thickness and bake for 25 minutes.
4. After cooling, break the cake into pieces, rub them on a large grater.
5. Mix sour cream with crumb and from the resulting mass mold hedgehog.
6. Sprinkle cocoa powder on the “body”, make eyes and nose out of the drops, and make needles from seeds.
Cake “Hedgehog” - cooking tricks and useful tips
• Biscuit cakes are preferably baked for 12 hours before the formation of the cake. During this time, they will have time to rest in bed, which will facilitate grinding on a grater. In addition, it will reduce the ability to absorb the cream and the dessert does not exactly crawl.
• Before making needles from seeds, place the cake in the fridge for half an hour to thicken the layer of cream mass. The seeds will keep better and the likelihood that they will fall out will decrease.