Curd cream with Provencal herbs can be used in different ways: it can be spread on croutons, bruschetta - that is, it is a great option for a hearty and healthy breakfast or snack. Also, the cream can be a filling for meat rolls, meatballs, zraz, pancakes. The taste of cottage cheese cream resembles the popular Philadelphia cheese, only more salty - this is because of the bright taste of feta cheese.
List of ingredients:
- 200 g of cottage cheese of any fat content,
- 100 g of feta cheese,
- 1/5 tsp. dried basil
- 1/5 tsp. dried oregano,
- 2-3 cloves of garlic,
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil.
1. Pour fresh cottage cheese into a bowl. Its fatness can be any, with the only difference that low-fat cottage cheese will be more sour.
2. In a bowl to the curd add a few pieces of feta cheese. The ratio may be different, for example, 1 to 1.
3. Peel and chop the garlic cloves, chop them up with a press. If the garlic is young, then we can limit it to 1-2 teeth, since it is more savory than its relative from the crop of last year.
4. Add dried greens. You can take separately basil and oregano, and you can take a ready-made set of “Provencal herbs”.
5. Add olive oil to a bowl and beat all the ingredients with a blender. The mass is whipped easily, quickly becomes homogeneous and pasty. After a couple of minutes, whipping curd cream with Provencal herbs will be ready.
6. Use curd cream at your discretion. The simplest thing is to serve it along with crackers and a cup of coffee. The combination of this cream and coffee aroma is just perfect. And you can use the cream as a basis for tartlets, and then add pieces of dried meat, salted fish, olives, and vegetables to it. Also, the cream is suitable as an ingredient for Philadelphia rolls, only garlic does not need to be added.